Ratings for Dr. Juan Pretorius

He has helped our family so much. He kept pushing for diagnosis of my child when everyone else said it was in our heads. He listens and trusts mother's intuition. What he doesn't know, he refers to the people who can help, and takes time to find out the best specialists to refer you to.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

He is a amazing doctor, I recommend him! He is always very helpful and never gives up on helping you find something that works.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Drug pusher. Bad at follow-ups. Does not understand the long term effects of medications. Impersonal, short, does not even exam you.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Pretorious has been mine and my families doctor for years and he is a great doctor he cares about his patients and will do everything he can for his patients and is a kind and compassionate doctor he isn't one of those know it all doctors that brush you off if they don't have the answer, he will keep trying to get to the root of what's going on.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Pretorius is the doctor for the majority of my family. I started with him when I became pregnant, and he seemed fine, friendly and informative. At a following appointment when discussing testing if the fetus had any abnormalities, he recommended against it for the understandable reason of the high rate of false positives, but also brought his religious beliefs into it, which a doctor should not be doing. At my son's 1 month appointment after he was born he never checked him over, simply asked if there was anything I was worried about. I told him the only thing was I thought he might have ties in his mouth. He refused to look saying my son wouldn't be able to take a bottle at all if he had any sort of tie, never asked about any of the signs of ties, which I only know now through research. He chuckled at my cover when I asked again if it was possible he could still have a tie. Finally I had an appointment to at the same time for my auto-immune disease, hormones make it go nuts, and after giving birth, I definitely can't run, and walking and even lifting my arms is intensely painful. He assured me he knew how rough the disorDer can be as he has 2 other patients with it, and would set me up with a specialist, discussed how normal pain med never work, and seemed to know what he was talking about. Then he stood up to do the "see you next time" without trying to come up with a way to manage the pain or get any quality of life back so I can take care of my damned son.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

best doctor family and i have had in years, and truly cares about his patients,

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Amazing family doctor. He has been our family doctor for about 3 years now. Im very happy with the level of care he offers.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Absolutely Horrible, cannot stand that Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Great guy! He takes care of his patients. But going to that clinic "Mission Oaks" is not even worth it if J*n is working. She is the most cold, bitter, terrible person you have ever met. She will give you wrong information if she doesn't like you which appears to be 90% of who she sees. She will also delete your appointment without telling you if she gets mad at you... Not worth it.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Great doctor. Went in for my allergies last year and he took the time to call a specialist for me without me asking. Tells the truth and gives his actual opinion, not just what hes paid to say. I was struggling for seizures unexpecticly and he gave me every test under the sun to make sure it wasnt serious and when i didnt get answers he kept on it. Great man

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015