Ratings for Dr. M. Jane MacKay

Dr. J is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She makes you feel totally comfortable and is so friendly. She approaches situations with calm and clarity, and I always feel like I am in good hands with her. Very lucky to be a patient!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

If you look up “hack” in the dictionary this is who you find.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Best thing I ever did was leave Dr. Mackay and find a real doctor. Office hours are dreadful. During Pap test she called my cervix 'yucky' and caused bleeding. After seeing gyno he told me she didn't know what she was talking about, and his exam was painless. Her charges for doctors notes are insane. My new doctor doesn't charge a thing. I honestly believe you are better at a walk in clinic than with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I met Dr. MacKay for my first -- and only -- time a few weeks ago. Last year, my family doctor -- of whom I had been a regular patient since 2004 -- retired, and thus, I have been forced to look for a new family doctor. I was referred to Dr. MacKay by another family doctor whom I had contacted but was no longer accepting new patients. My "meet and greet" with Dr. MacKay went fine and she was very thorough with regard to examining and noting down my previous medical history and current situation. I also found her very friendly and disarming in demeanour. A few days after my "meet and greet," I dropped off my medical records from my previous family physician's medical clinic, and afterwards, I was told by Dr. MacKay's receptionist to call back and make an appointment after giving Dr. MacKay some time to review over my records. When I did so, I was told by that same receptionist -- over the telephone -- that Dr. MacKay was no longer going to be seeing me as a new patient as she had gone over my files and suddenly realized that she was not an expert in "male-related" issues and only dealt with female and child patients. I know this is not true as -- during my "meet and greet" visit -- there were two other male patients in the waiting room. Dr. MacKay's receptionist also lied to me when she said that Dr. MacKay had left a message on my answering machine around lunchtime and asked me to call her back. I know this is a lie because, immediately after speaking with Dr. MacKay's receptionist over the telephone, I checked my answering machine to see whether or not a call -- let alone a message -- had been received from Dr. MacKay, and of course, I had not. The next day, I went to pick up my records from Dr. MacKay's office, and when I politely entered the office, I was handed my file by Dr. MacKay's receptionist in the most rude manner. It was as if I had done something wrong. I had done nothing wrong. I was very honest, open and respectful with both Dr. MacKay and her receptionist. Not once during my "meet and greet" was I ever told by Dr. MacKay that she would be uncomfortable seeing me as her patient. She even told me -- at the end of my "meet and "greet" visit -- that would be happy to see me for a follow-up visit and -- at that time -- send me for some blood work as I have not have had any blood work done in over a year. When I followed up -- and did everything I was told to do as it relates to my medical records and calling to schedule a follow-up appointment -- I was instead treated in a very rude manner and told to go elsewhere. It is quite difficult finding a family doctor in Mississauga/Oakville -- especially without a referral -- and I was very happy when I thought that I finally had a new family doctor, especially one whom I had considered to be friendly, a good listener and understanding. Instead, I am now -- once again -- left looking for a new family doctor. I believe in the principle of freedom of association and contract, and thus, have no problem with any doctor deciding whom they will and will not accept as a patient. However, my problem with Dr. MacKay is over her decision to first accept -- and then suddenly -- drop me as a patient for no good reason. She lied about this decision by saying that she only accepts female and child patients when I saw two other male patients in her waiting room. Her receptionist also lied when she said that Dr. MacKay had left a message on my answering machine to inform me of her decision and asked me to call her back. Thus, one can only conclude that Dr. MacKay is dishonest -- an outright liar -- and not a true professional. While at present disappointed that I now have to go through the onerous process of -- once again -- searching for a new family doctor, perhaps -- in time -- I will be glad that, at least, Dr. MacKay did not end up as that new family doctor. P.S. I concur with the criticisms with regard to Dr. MacKay's "office." It's located in a very cramped and dirty basement that has a very bad smell. This is most likely mould.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr Mackay if very thorough and showed incredible focus when I needed it!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr MacKay is a wonderful doctor, and has been treating me for many years. I always feel extremely comfortable with her, and she has always been very attentive and responsive to my medical concerns. Dr. MacKay is obviously concerned for the long term well being of her patients, and is very helpful in trying to treat mental health concerns with therapy and lifestyle changes rather than overprescribing medication. Overall, I trust her over any other doctor I've seen to do what is best for me and my family with both physical and mental health problems.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I would agree with all the bad comments left by patients. 90% of the bad ones are true.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Mackay is an excellent doctor! I highly recommend her to everybody I know. We've only been seeing her about a year but she always makes times for us when I call with every little concern. I've never felt rushed with her and she addresses all my concerns at every visit. I absolutely love her and so do my kids :)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Excellent doctor. Highly skilled and empathetic. Very thorough and caring.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Jane MacKay is an awesome family doctor. I cannot imagine going to anywhere else. She's everything a doctor should be; great listener,caring, thorough and on time given how busy she is. I am a general dentist and I highly recommend her and I have sent my friends and family to her.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016