Ratings for Dr. Rick M. To

Staff is a bit unprofessional and only concerned about your co-pay. Billing is done by an outside vendor and practices are a bit shady and borderline fraudulent. Otherwise, Dr, To is OK and gets to the root cause, even if it takes unusual lab tests. I trust his medical knowledge, but keep checking your bills and make him aware of your insurance upfront. Know your co-pay and coverage before you get there.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

I was referred for migraines and he put me on meds and then they didn't work he then had me admitted to the hospital and abruptly diagnosed me with ms. Never asked me if I understood or if I had any questions. He was completely unsympathetic and didn't seem to think this diagnoses was a big deal. After he diagnosed me I didn't see him again at the hospital and then got a call from his office saying he had set up an appt at his office without telling me. The funny thing? My new doctor is questioning my diagnoses

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr To pushes unnecessary treatments without looking at risk factors so he can charge. Pushes follow up treatment with no purpose. I would advise against selecting him. Not punctual. Need to constantly watch out for his billing practices. Average health advice. Easily flustered if you study problems and treatments and ask anything beyond basics. Superficially nice and has an undercurrent lack of interest in your true health.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I have always been patient, waiting more than 1 hour to see him. Finally last visit I got upset. I was waiting for 1 1/2 hours even though I told the receptionist I could come at any time. She said I had to come in early because they had no appointments available later in the day. Instead of seeing me from 9-10:30, Dr. To was on the phone, with drug reps and writing in files in plain view. Then he took scheduled appointments. When I complained, they put me in a room, and left me there for another 20 minutes. That's when I left. He actually yelled at me in front of other patients, telling me that I should speak to him privately instead of in public about my leaving. Also call backs are tough. You generally have to wait a few days before they get back to you. I am very sad that the service at Dr. To's office has been slowly worsening over the past several years. Time to find someone who really still cares...

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

This doctor is not caring for his patients. Gave him a prescription for a medication that I had been taking for years. Arbitrarily changed the dosage without notifying me. Cost me 20 X the generic amount. Could not get an answer over the phone. Made an appointment just to ask why the dosage was changed without notifying me. Came into the office and berated me for other things that were not relevant to my only question..Why was the dosage changed? Then said I could not be his patient anymore. I do not think that Dr. To is a caring doctor and would recommend for people to stay away.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Dr. Rick M. To's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 2001)

Neighborhood Health Plan