My son has been struggling with throat issues for months, we were referred to Dr. Drummond for a scope test. He walked in the room didn't even talk to me or my son he had the scope in and out in about 1 minute flat said that there's nothing wrong and when I tried to talk to him and ask questions he put his hand on the door didn't let me finish a sentence and said to me "just tell your kid to stop", walked out and shut the door. I was stunned, the lady who works with him was speechless and seemed embarrassed she kept apologizing to me ... And here we are 8 months later my son still suffering and NO answers.... I would never ever see this Dr again. He is rude, arrogant and could care less...

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

My son was rushed into ER and I was going out of my mind Dr. Derek and his team promised to take care of my son and before I knew it he was going for surgery. He educated me on how to hundle and cope with the whole experience and even tald me before they took my son to surgery that he was going to take care of my son. Indeed he did and all I can say is that he SAVED MY SON AND CAN NEVER THANK HIM ENOUGH

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

All I have to say is that he saved my son's life! ~~ End of story!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Brought my three year old in and was asking questions regarding her tonsils and previous infections she had, her right tonsil is quiet large not much of an opening but told us she was to young to consider surgery and that five or six would be an ideal age to remove them. Fair enough, but when I continued to ask more questions he proceeded towards the door like I was wasting his time, TERRIBLE bedside manner, and not once did he approach my daughter and made her experience more comfortable, for a Dr at a CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL don't you think that would be your main focus, the child and then the concern of the parents???

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

He has been my serge on since I was a little baby, I am 14 years old now and I have had over 11 sergeries with dr Drummond and If I wasn't for him I wouldn't be here today and he has helped for years and years with my papalomas and eve. Though they won't go away I can never repay him for everything he's done for me. I've struggled with a lot of things and he's the one that made everything better

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr Drummond was a godsend to our family, our daughter had been bounced around and around with chronic ear infections basically every 6 weeks on antibiots since she was 9 months old, finally he saw me crying in the emergency room of ACH and approached us our daughter lying limp from fever and another antibiotic that made her sick (she was 3yrs by this time). She had the surgery within 8 weeks, both ears and it has been 2 years today. She runs, plays, jumps, swims, and has only had 1 infection since. I can never repay his kindness, if by rating him on this board someone reads this and it makes their decision to consult him easier for them then here it is. He speaks directly to your child alot and that can be off putting for some. However his relationship is and should be with the child he is treating, he answers any questions we have and I owe him more than i can every repay ..

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I am 14. I was in the childrens hospital a few years ago to have my third tear duct surgery and i was really really nervous, i was in the waiting room, waiting to get brought into the surgery room, and even though doctor drummond wasn't my surgeon (doctor ashonhurst was) he seen than i was crying and it was my turn to go to the OR and he walked me down the hall, into the room, on the way he showed me the rooms in the hall and told me what they were used for. He was really kind. I have an up-coming surgery with him as my surgeon and i am almost looking forward to it. :)

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I would highly recommend this specialist! His no nonsense approach was the perfect thing for an emotional (and sometimes irrational) mother. Dr. Drummond was patient, professional and knowledgeable. While he voiced his opinion, he was very clear about leaving the decision regarding our child's ear tubes to us. I always get a prompt call back from Dr. Drummond's staff whenever I have any concerns. While our child having surgery was a horrific experience, I never doubted Dr. Drummond's abilities.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. Drummond is wonderful...he preformed emergency surgery on my daughter on a long weekend even though it meant having to take a later flight to meet his wife in Las Vegas...that is pretty amazing

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

Our 4 year old had been snoring for the longest time and she was constantly stuffed up. After being misdiagnosed by GP's as having a post viral condition, we asked our main GP to refer us to a good children's ENT as we suspected an adenoid issue (runs in my husband's family). We were very fortunate to see Dr. Drummond. He took an xray and sure enough she had a very large adenoid. Surgery was booked fairly promptly and the end result is that she breathes normally now and sleeps soundly! Today she is a happy and healthy five year old thanks to Dr. Drummond. His bedside manner with her was excellent, surgery went textbook and his staff were great. I would highly recommend him as a children's ENT. I only wish he accepted adult patients!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Dr. Derek Drummond's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My son has been struggling with throat issues for months, we were referred to Dr. Drummond for a scope test. He walked in the room didn't even talk to me or my ..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My son was rushed into ER and I was going out of my mind Dr. Derek and his team promised to take care of my son and before I knew it he was going for surgery. ..."

December 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All I have to say is that he saved my son's life! ~~ End of story! "

November 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Brought my three year old in and was asking questions regarding her tonsils and previous infections she had, her right tonsil is quiet large not much of an open..."

September 8, 2015