Ratings for Dr. Albert Houlgrave

Dr Houlgrave is an excellent ER doctor, truly cares and works hard - have (unfortunately) needed to see him at the ER numerous times and am thrilled he's the doctor - he's kind and professional and helpful. Always makes you feel like you're in good hands, because you are!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Could not diagnose either my or my husbands medical problems, would not listen. We were both sent home as ill as when we came to ER

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I SAW DR HOULGRAVE TWICE IN ER FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. ASIDE FROM LONG WAIT IN ER WHICH IS NOT HIS FAULT HE WAS POLITE AND PATIENT. HE EXPLAINED MY DIAGNOSIS AND IMMEDIATE TREATMENT VERY WELL THOUGH HE DID NOT OR COULD NOT INDICATE LONG TERM TREATMENT OPTIONS. I WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH HIS TREATMENT AND CANNOT AGREE WITH THE NEGATIVE RATINGS.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Rude, doesn't make eye contact and treats you like you are a stupid person for wasting his time. Unfortunately, not as bright as he thinks he is. I bet the staff hate working with him. Probably raised by wolves.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

I had an encounter with the above md. I have been recently diagnosed with cardiac problems and now am post op A-Fib Ablasion. I have been having ongoing problems. My Blood Pressure and Heart Rates go to low levels. I call 811 to speak with a nurse on line and it was decided that I should call 911 for an ambulance On the way my heart goes back into sinus rythem still with irregular heart beats. An EKG and Blood Work were done and he enters the room where my husband and I are awaiting information and he tells me that I should not be at the hospital that it is for Emergeny Patients only and that I should be seeing my primary care dr. Oh this happened at 8:00PM. Then he says Now I have a patient who is un-concensous who I have to attend to! Walks away belittles both my Husband and myself and discharges me. I removed the monitor cords myself and did not have any assistance with this. This Man should be ashamed that he shows no tolerence to someone in need of medical attention.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

I had an encounter with this doctor and found him to be very uncaring and very poor at his diagnosis in this particular case. The outcome of this case was the worst it could be. I would never choose him as a doctor in the future.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Imagine being so well educated and so stupid. The poor man hasn't realized he's treating people. I really don't know how he can stand himself. Unless he hasn't realized he's human too. Only in a social medical system with a shortage of doctors could a service provider like this survive. I recommend this doctor go into pathology.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2008

I saw this dr at a walkin clinic and was very unsatisfied. His bedside manner was horrible and it seemed like he already knew his answer before examining me. I would never recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Saw this doctor in walk in clinic. Zero bedside manner and had my four year old traumatized within moments. Had nurse come in to "hold down" dtr while he attempted to swab her throat. Had to stop him to ask if this was really necessary as he did not communicate at all with me as her parent. Left with daughter without getting swab as she was hysterical as she was having her head held down by a nurse and clenching her teeth as the doctor was trying to open her mouth. Very rushed and did not take ANY time to explain to me (or her) what he was doing or why it was necessary to forcefully pin down a 4 year old. Seemed annoyed that I would try and talk her through this as he was doctor with experienceand and in his experience children do not like this procedure so therefor they will not cooperate. My daughter has had swabs before and it is never easy but in all my years of seeing doctors with two children I have never had a more negative experience.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

I went to ER with chest pains. I am female. The nurses seemed to be interested, but not this Doctor. A male came in after me with the same complaint. He seemed to get more attention and care from this man. I watched the male patient being sent home 4 hours before I was released. Did they forget about me??? My diagnosis? "there is nothing wrong with you". Yet I went home with the same level of pain that I arrived with. This Doctor showed absolutely NO INTEREST in my condition, and did not even suggest a follow up with my GP.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007