Ratings for Dr. Abraham Onuora

Nice man. Very caring, good sense of humor and good natured. Secretary is a sweetheart. Nicest secretary I have ever encountered. No wait time at all . Very impressed and will be back.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Definitely not about making you "feel good", but he took very little time to get a diagnosis and begin treating me. Listened to my comments and adjusted my meds as required. Tells it like it is, no mollycoddling, but in my case at least, very effective in treating my disorder.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

He made me feel like I was useless and lying about what was going on. I heard the words, paranoid, nonsense and I was making up a conspiracy. When I asked him what my conspiracy theory was he wouldn't tell me. Told me he really couldn't do anything about my situation and basically sent me home. This was after about 3 sessions - a total waste of my time! Doubt I'll be back. He is really hard to understand and takes little insignificant things and talks about that for the whole session ! I sometimes wonder what he is talking about. Even divulged information about another patient to me, like this patient is ridiculous too!! Totally unbelievable! I left there feeling totally confused and helpless. Told him some major stuff in my life and he brushed it off like it didn't matter. Not really sure why he chose this profession.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Worst experience of any Dr. I have ever seen,tried to talk me out of being homosexual. This witch doctor should be stripped of his license.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Seven days after I attempted suicide, I told dr. Onuora I was still contemplating and wanted to kill myself. His expert advice was; "a loaded gun pointed at your head is still only a thought until you pull the trigger." Will be lodging a formal complaint - could never recommend this doctor to anyone struggling with mental health issues.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I saw Dr. Onuora for a number of months, but we were just not on the same wavelength, some of it was cultural - no doubt. He would ask me about things and take the most insignificant thing that I said and go on and on with it down a rabbit trail, missing the main point completely. I had to get my husband to come in with me to help with his accent. I would get too much anxiety about going, that I eventually stopped. He did do a good job with the meds, though.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Onoura made me feel terribly uncomfortable. . Was very traumatizing. Do not recommend to anyone in need.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Onuora was there to help me th through a very difficult time in my life. He helped me to understand what I was going through.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Very unprofessional. IE: He has fallen asleep several times when I've been to see him. He has also been very late for appointments several times as well. Once, a whole hour. Would love to be able to see another specialist. When I was in the Hospital for a suicide attempt,HE Never once came in to see or visit me. Isn't this attitude wonderful Huh ?

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I had seen him for over 6 months. He would not contact my GP. Communication with him was poor at best. He didn't do anything or say anything that would help me. Also confused me with another person. I brought my partner at the time and her was Rude. God complex. He has a very thick accent which is hard to understand. Slurs his speech, Body language and gestures showed he wasn't paying attention at all. I asked him to explain something in a different way and he couldn't. Just spouted off how he was so educated and body language showed he was pissed off. Would not see me after that. My Personal opinion is he thinks he is above everyone. Pushes pills without watching patient for side effects. GP an myself agreed not to see him again. He is a very poor dr.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013