Ratings for Dr. Diane Quintal

I was seen over an hour after my appointment time. When I tried to explain the problem I was having, Dr. Quintal cut me off and asked me what I did for a living...relevance? I'm not interested in a chat. She didn't retain any of the details that I'd just relayed to her 5 mins earlier. I asked a few questions regarding the condition she diagnosed me with - she was condescending in her replies and dismissive. Time to retire, and stop wasting patients' time.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I don't understand the negative ratings.she was professional, patient, open to queries, had a sense of humour. Her secretary was good. Recommended.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Diane Quintal for about three years. I love her, she is patient, calming and straight to the point. She always will ask if I'm happy with my skin. She is very professional and at this time with certain situations taking place she needs to be. I find her to be compassionate, caring and genuinely concerned with me. I would highly recommend her to any of my family or friends. One more comment, I don't think I have ever waited more then ten minutes. The receptionist is also great, always a little small talk about the "weather", the birds we love to watch and Dr. Quintal! Thank You and keep up the great work.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

My visit with Dr. Quintal scarred me for life ...no pun intended. I begged my GP to stop referring others to her. She has very poor bedside manner. She is rude, judgemental insensitive and condescending. The first question she asked is what I was studying at university. When I told her I was majoring in Political Science she told me she might take up this degree as an easy hobby after retirement. She recommended that I go on the pill to solve my dermatological issues in order to kill 2 birds with one stone. When I told her that as a practicing Muslim teenager, I was not active in that way...she rolled her eyes at me in a very obvious manner. When I got into graduate school she told me that she was shocked that I got accepted. She told me this for absolutely no reason at all and not knowing absolutely anything about my grades or academic life. I can't beleive she is still practicing. I should have reported her to the college of physicians.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Absolute worst doctor I have been too. After waiting several months to see her, I was VERY disappointed and angered by her service. I went to see Dr. Quintal for my acne problem. She was rude and condescending. She said she "would not touch me until I went on Accutane" - a drug I explained to her I did not feel comfortable taking due to severe side effects. She refused to provide me with alternatives. On top of that, she was was extremely condescending to me about my insurance situation (at the time I was 20 and a non-dependent) and insinuated I was too poor! She was absolutely unprofessional and I left practically in tears. My GP doctor asked me about my experience, and told me he was not surprised as he has herd many complaints about her.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

The most professional and helpful staff and of course Dr Quintal is very pleasant & thorough.

Submitted June 25, 2015

I had my very first experience with Dr. Quintal after being referred to her heatlh services by my rheumatologist. I had to wait an hour to see her (it's also paid parking at her facility) and the first thing she did was look at my chart and noted that it was over an hour since my shcedule time. She asked me: "Oh, your appointment was at 2:30... were you late?". I showed up on time and individuals who were before me we brought in 45 mins to an hour past their appointment time. From the start, punctuality and approach were far from impressive and poor. The questions I asked were dismissed and she even said "I don't know what you expect me to do for you today". I found her rude with poor bedside manner and listening skills.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I am in agreement with most of what has been written about Dr Quintal. She is dismissive and close to been rude in her manner. It's a bit strange, she is of a "certain" age and it's as if we are disturbing her. I have very fair skin and have always been advised to use sun screen and encouraged to be seeing frequently to ensure that none of my moles show any change. Dr Quintal has not even examined closely my skin! She reiterated that I need not return to renew my prescriptions, that my GP can do that. However her assistant has always been polite with me.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

My experience with Dr. Quintal has been somewhat negative. I have seen her twice. The first time I waited almost 1 year as a referral from family doc. When I arrived, I was surprised I had to pay for parking - I wasn't advised of this in advance. I waited almost an hour past my appointment time. She basically told me what she thought I had, told me about the one medication that "might" help, but refused to prescribe it because of my age. She didn't seem so sure she knew what I had in the first place. So I got a sticky ointment that did absolutely nothing. The second time was because the condition had gotten significantly worse, and I was referred to her again by my family doc for a follow-up. I started using tea tree oil on my own and noticed a significant improvement. When I showed up for my appointment, they were more than 40 minutes late, receptionist was cold. Dr. Quintal completely dismissed my tea tree oil use saying it does absolutely nothing and even though I showed her the improvements, she noted that it was just 'the cycle' and it would get worse again, so I had better continue using her ointment. Still refusing to prescribe the only medication she thinks might help. Will not go see her again. My condition has improved with the daily use of tea tree oil and no medication. If the condition worsens again, I will ask to be referred to a different dermatologist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

When I first got to the office, I went to the window. The clerk kept working and I stood there like an idiot for more than a minute then she pointed to the next window and I then saw the sign that I was at the wrong window. Not the best first impression. When I met Dr.Quintal, I felt like she was really listening to my concerns. Her answers were straight and to the point, which was very good. There were TWO instances though that really stood out; She asked me what I was doing to help relieve the pain (prior to the diagnosis, so I didn't know what I had at that point) and I told her warm compresses seemed to work. Then her body language said it all, she did't say it, but her reaction made me feel dumb. The second instance was when she wanted to make sure I understood that I didn't need to refill my prescription through her. She made me repeat that I mever-ever ask for an appointment for a refill and I must from now on go to my family doc instead. She went on about the extra paper work if I renewed my prescription through her. She didn't have a mean tone, it was just weird. I have to say though, she was informative and attentive, I just felt like she treated me like a child on 2 occasions... And I'm a 40 year old man...

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014