Dr. Ralph Zipper

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ralph Zipper

What a wonderful experience for me with this whole office. Considering, I was terrified to see a new physician, I was extremely pleased with Dr. Zipper's professionalism, kindness and thorough understanding of my conditions. He was patient and provided options. I have not had any options in years. I was a bit overwhelmed. I was scared to see him, but so very happy I went. He also provided a bit of real life advice that I believe I needed to hear. Great choice, Great Physician

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

They charged me $1037.36 up front for a procedure they failed to get an auth on, breaching their contract with the insurance. 2 months later and they resubmit the claim 3 times and now said they will appeal “when they have time”, but that if it is not overturned they will not refund the portion I am owed ($804.71) because they “don’t work for free”. I now have to take them to court, after numerous calls, being hung up on by both Leslie and Erica, made cry and were told “the buck stops here”.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

First thing Dr. Zipper asked me was "Why are you here, instead of closer to Pennsylvania?" I told him because I hate doctors, and I have a prolapse Dr. Zipper said, "I hate Drs too." I knew right away he was the doctor I was praying for. Dr. Ralph Zipper answered my questions directly. He was gentle and respectful. He gave me the hope and dream I'd prayed for. I found Dr. Zipper to be more matter of fact, but that doesn't mean he was mean or wrong. He explained the different procedures, I told him what I want. He said right away, "I get that, you want to keep your uterus! You can keep your uterus." He didn't argue with me , or make me feel like it was a ridiculous idea. Dr. James Raders was my operating surgeon a few months later for my POP . Dr. Raders is very different than Dr. Zipper. But I totally love them both. Had I gone to any place around Pennsylvania, like Hersey Medical Center or Lancaster or Johns Hopkins I would now be without a uterus. Dr. Raders called me personally prior to the surgery, clearly layed out all my options again, but let me know that the decision on which path to take was up to me. His bedside manner is wonderful, put me perfectly at ease, he has a great sense of humor and kindness. Dr. Raders called me the day after surgery to see how I was doing. He even called me a few weeks later at my home in Pennsylvania to check up on me. I would and will recommend Zipper UA to any woman with these issues. I am 100% X 1000 satisfied. Dr. Ralph Zipper and Dr. James Raders gave me my life back! No experience with this much complication can be without some small glitches. No doctor's office is perfect. I came from about 1000 miles away to get the answers I was seeking. The staff was gentle and kind. This whole problem is an awful thing to have but the staff made me feel welcome and lessened the anxiety. They worked with my specific finanicial situation (I'm self pay). My outcome (I'm 5 weeks post surgery) is amazing and that's what is best of all. These two doctors are the best in the whole wide world.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Had inter-stim surgery for overactive bladder. WORSE Experience and results Ever ! MONTHS of Non Stop Agony and now I have pudendal nerve damage. Run ! DONT Have This Surgery ! No cure,No end in site. Was lied to about the procedure as well,was told wire goes to bladder. Not told the wires go to sacral nerves. NEVER allow anyone to mess with your spinal nerves. My Agony Is Immeasurable and I am devestated. I am young and can NEVER be intimate with my husband again because of the Excruciating Pain I Have Resulting From This Surgery, the damaged nerve goes from Sacral Nerve Area to both private areas. Wear a pad instead. PLEASE DONT Have Inter-Stim. I'd hate for anyone to suffer the way I suffer 24/7

Submitted October 20, 2017

First time I went I was immediately made to feel very comfortable. The staff is friendly and professional. Dr. Zipper was kind, patient and understanding. He explained everything to me and answered every question. I have continued to use him as my doctor and will do so.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

My mother was a patient of Dr. Zipper. When she was walking to surgery, she fell. Dr. Zipper was so arrogant and rude...he was not concerned that she may have been injured; he was more concerned that he may not operate at the scheduled time. I refuse to go to him no matter what the other reviews state. Even when I had her in the office before surgery, he was arrogant, and she was very elderly. His partner is much better and spends time with patients.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I had a problem with my insurance, I was led to a conference room to have a " discussion" about my insurance payments . My insurance company had been paid 3 payments but they didn't put in the right months and caused it to seem that I didn't pay certain months , which I did. I was treated rydeky by , I guess it was the office manager

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I was so looking forward to seeing this doctor after reading such great reviews. Unfortunately their office policies leave a lot to be desired. I arrived at the office for a consult and was told after filling out all the paperwork that I would owe over $550 (for an initial consult?!) You have to pay upfront, they do not bill you. OK, that's a lot, but I have $340 in my HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) so the balance would be around $200, and sure I can pay that now. No, they wanted the full $550, they wouldn't accept the money from my HRA. They accept our insurance, so I don't understand their reason for not taking the HRA money that the insurance company has for us FOR this reason. I left upset and will just have to suffer with my long term problem until I find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Ralph Zipper MD This is my experience with Dr. Zipper. I was 10 minutes late for my first appointment, although I called to reschedule, the receptionist said to come in. Dr. Zipper spent a maximum of 15 minutes with me on this first visit. He ignored the reason for my visit which was a vaginal prolapse, saying it was not “hanging out” and was the least he had seen in a month and that we were already ¾’s through the month. He asked about and focused on urinary incontinence and tests that were necessary to determine the problem. I explained that urgency was infrequent and that I sometimes awakened to use the toilet to find that it was unnecessary. I attempted to explain that I had diverticulosis, and had undergone an emergency surgery one year ago for an intestinal rupture; that several years past I had a complete hysterectomy and was advised to have a colonoscopy before deciding on treatment. I was unable to convey anything to Dr. Zipper. He interrupted my every attempt to speak during this and the last visit I had with him. I got as far as saying “I have diverticulosis” to be interrupted with “I do not treat diverticulosis. Attempts to communicate with Dr. Zipper and the completely controlled interaction exerted left me feeling disrespected and demeaned. I said that I wanted to speak with him concerning conditions I have which I think relative to the prolapse which brought me to his office. He replied “since you are 15 minutes late, I am 15 minutes late for my next patient”. He walked out. An appointment was then scheduled for tests with a technician that I kept. The third appointment was a consultation with Dr. Zipper and a look inside my bladder. The diagnosis was “You are not going to like it but you have an overactive bladder”. Again, I attempted to speak with him about the prolapse and the possibility that because I have no cervix, neither a uterus, that occasionally there is pressure on my bladder. He snidely called me Doctor and continued saying, “I do not want to hear it. That is my diagnosis, if you do not like it, go to another clinic. I am done, I am out of here, I am done!” He turned his back and walked out the door. I was stunned. The amount billed to Medicare was also stunning. Because this office is the only Uro-gynecological facility in the area; I decided to request an appointment with the other physician in the practice. The receptionist informed: “Dr. Zipper has determined that you cannot be a patient in his practice”. The scheduled colonoscopy was done a day or two later. It revealed moderate diverticulosis and Ischemic colitis. My plan was to send the results sent to Dr. Zipper that he would have the benefit of knowing the condition of my pelvis, even confer with the involved physician before reaching a conclusion. That plan was never voiced. After a thorough discussion with the physician who performed the colonoscopy, it was decided that taking fiber after each meal would be beneficial to my conditions. I began the fiber routine that day and have been relieved of any noticeable indications of diverticulosis although I will always have it. I have not had an incident or indication of an “Overactive Bladder” for several months. I believe the occasional problem I experienced was pressure on my bladder resulting from the issues that are a result of my pelvic condition and diverticulosis. The vaginal prolapse has been diagnosed as a bladder prolapse and it has worsened during this time. This summation is factual and with restraint I have kept my observations and opinions to myself. J. L. Thomas

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I am a Registered Nurse with over 40 years experience and I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Ralph Zipper and his staff. He is expert in his field; his staff is responsive, caring, and very professional; his appointments are on time , and he never rushes his time with you. I had gone to several other "specialists" in the past with no resolution for a medical problem. Dr. Zipper was not only able to resolve my problem, I was so impressed with his knowledge and expertise as compared to other MD's in the field. I wish I would have found him first - I could have saved myself a great deal of stress and money. He is as compassionate as he is skilled - a rare find!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Ralph Zipper's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1992)