Ratings for Dr. Catherine Attié

I was referred to Dr. Attie for my IUD insertion. I waited for over 5 months for an appointment and then had to wait 2.5 hours at the office to see her. When she came in, she had not even glanced at my charts and then proceeded to judge and shame me. I quite vocally objected and she was defensive, condescending and rude. This is not what I expected or needed from a female doctor at a university health clinic. I felt uncomfortable and offended and I therefore decided to go elsewhere for my IUD insertion. Accessing sexual health and contraception is hard enough without Dr. Attie's attitude and judgement. I encourage her to consult this resource to learn about providing safe, inclusive and non-judgmental care: http://www.srhweek.ca/providers/.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I would not recommend her. I lost twins back in Nov 2016 and did not feel like she monitored my twins and I as she should have. There were complications from the beginning and by the time we realized, things had got worse. My honest opinion, I did not feel like I received the care and attention I needed. Also, they were always behind my schedule

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Attie was very caring and helpful during a recent appointment I had with her. She is kind and outgoing and easy to talk to. I was very nervous about my procedure and she validated my nerves, talked me through the procedure, didn't sugar coat anything so I knew what to expect and after a small complication, had me stay for observation and came to check on me herself 2 hours later even though her schedule was already fully booked. Her staff was very accommodating as well! I highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I had 2 very hard pregnancies but Dr Attie and France were just amazing, very helpful and resourceful. Even if she is running late most of the time and says things the way they are (she warned me about the impacts of me putting on too much weight which can be a sensitive subject), I definitely will ask her to be my doctor if I am pregnant with my 3rd baby.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Attie's office smells like a dirty bathroom and they are always way behind schedule. The doctor herself is abrasive, judgemental and a poor listener.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I had a terrible experience as she inserted an iucd in my posterior uterine wall and she didn't ask for follow up ultrasound after the procedure , She was going to perforate my uterus and put me in a dangerous situation I had a prolonged bleeding and when I went to another doctor he was surprised because it was not even a medical student mistake and she didn't even asked for ultrasound for follow up after the IUCD insertion especially that i had too much pain during insertion not as usual ( as I had a previous iucd insertion 5 years ago and it wasn't with the same pain ) and in told her that . Now I had to remove it and scared to put another one again

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

One of the worst doctors I have seen ever across all specialties! She is not knowledgable relative to experts in the field and she is very rude.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Je ne retourerai jamais la voir. Incapable de faire l'examen le plus simple sans douleur. Elle est cependant sympatique, mais vraiment inutile!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I am never going back to this doctor. A simple test was unbearably painful, in contrast to my past experiences. In fact, it could not be completed. This doctor had not read my chart. As a result, almost every statement she made was incorrect. I had a long wait in the reception area. When I finally got in, my appointment was extremely rushed because Dr. Attié couldn't be late for something else. This doctor basically ignored my pain. She did suggest an alternative procedure, which I agreed to. Then she took the option off the table without explanation, simply repeating again and again that we can do it the original way. Well, no!!! She blamed me for the pain, saying it was caused by my nervousness. I have never been so un-nervous in my life for this type of appointment. Shouldn't I be the best judge of nervousness versus abnormal pain? Dr. Attié believes that getting to know her better will eliminate my pain. We are supposed to try this whole thing again in 3 months. When, exactly, am I supposed to get to know her better? Has she even considered that the pain may have a medical cause? (It's not like I'm in perfect health. )This doctor sounds like a robot, reciting phrases that sound very good while not listening to the patient. I feel that she is too "full of herself," not paying sufficient attention to her patients and actually traumatizing them. I am only able to describe my own experience here, of course. I have already been diagnosed with a serious problem by Dr. Attié. There may be more to come . Now I have no way to obtain help.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Dr. Attié est mon docteur pour ma première grossesse. Je la trouve formidable, elle prend le temps de m'écouter, de poser des questions, de répondre à mes questions et m'encourage à modifier quelques mauvaises habitudes et à demeurer active pendant la grossesse. Oui, elle est très occupée! (comme tous les travailleurs dans le milieu de la santé) il faut donc préparer ses questions et ne pas lui raconter le roman de sa vie... Et oui, il se peut qu'elle ait du ret ard, mais le milieu de la santé c'est comme ça! Elle ne passe pas par quatre chemins pour expliquer, elle est directe et précise et moi j'apprécie cette qualité. France, l'infirmière qui l'assiste est formidable, souriante et sympathique. Merci à toute l'équipe, vous faites un travail formidable.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016