Ratings for Dr. Joseph G. Penna

Seen Dr. Penna For 20 years. Great Service. Wonderful Staff. Gets me in right away. Open 6 days a week. Top Technology. 5 dentists in the Dunstan Dental Center Practice. New Building, New Practice even though they've bee there for over 30 years!!! Top Recomendation

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Excellant Office. My wife,kids, and I have been patients for 15 years. Newly remodeled office, I haven't seen nicer!!! Latest in technology. They use Cerec Computorized same day crowns, Laser gum treatments,and White fillings.They Care and donate dental sevices to Dominican Republic and Maine People Via Dentist Who Care for Maine-they are the Organizers.Wonderful and friendly staff-My kids Love Chucky the turtle, in the wating room. Highly Reccommend to All!!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

New Office and top Technology. Penna has been a dentist for 30 years and it shows. Staff is very helpful and kind. Open 6 days a week and takes me whenever I have an Emergency. Prices are at or below most private offices!!Beat that Aspen or Gental Dental.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

To be honest, I'm not sure which dentist I saw as it was a while ago, but I do remember that I was in agony with a rotten tooth while 7 months pregnant. They were very caring and careful. I am petrified of dentists and he did everything he could to keep me calm while he did the root canal so my stress wouldn't hurt the baby. It was over quickly and relatively painlessly. He also did a tooth extraction for me, again with a minimum of pain. I agree with the other rating and wish they wouldn't overbook so much. Every time I went there it was at least a 45 minute wait even though I was 10 minutes early for each appointment. Also, they don't take MaineCare.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2007

Good dentist, but office frequently over-books and Dr Penna is always in a rush, even talks fast and while waiting for anesthesia to kick in, he is in the next cubicle examining another patient, you feel a bit like cattle in a milk barn. The 'cubicle' system at Dunstan Dental (the name of his office) stinks, you can hear everything and it doesn't feel private, it's in a little strip-mal, but you feel like you are in a trailer. Aspen Dental is nicer.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007