Ratings for Dr. Louis G. Christiansen

CONDESCENDING! Inconsistent information given on meds. Not current on recommendations. Not knowledable about thryoid disorders. Has never had equipment to read my glucometers.

Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Christiansen is usually running a little late but never enough to really call it a problem. I find him to be very knowledgeable and helpful in every way he can be. I've seen many comments of people saying he is arrogant, but I do not believe this to be the case. It just may be his personality. He will often go above and beyond to help when you need it. I don't really remember the staff so I'd give that a neutral.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Arrogant is being nice... the worst. Do not go to this one for Thyroid disorders unless you want to be made to feel like it is all your fault.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Dr. Christianson was very nice, explained in detail my issues. He walked me through adjusting my insulin pump. I hate touching my insulin pump and he could tell I needed reassurance. I'm so glad I went. He was very kind and his parting words were " I look forward to working with you," to help get my numbers down. I think he's great and his staff is very friendly.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

I started seeing Dr. Christiansen about two years ago when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I've found him to be thorough, a good listener and responsive to my concerns. When I've expressed concern about medication costs or co-pays for tests, Dr. Christiansen always helps me find a way to make it affordable. I'm normally scared of doctors, but Dr. Christiansen is easy to talk to, attentive and caring. He never lectures me or talks down to me. Sometimes it can be tough to get an appointment. I imagine it's because he's such a great doctor. It's worth the wait, though, to see a doctor you're comfortable with.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

I had to do an internet search to see if I was the only one with the same experience with Dr. Christiansen's office and low and behold, someone else has the same exact experience. The staff is rude and LAZY! When I first called to make an appointment his "office person" acted like she was doing me a favor. I called five months ahead of time and asked to try and get me in during the New Year period because I was off for a month. Front office wouldn't find a way to squeeze me in. I asked if I could be called whenever someone cancelled an appointment. Never got a call over a five month period. And when I did come in for my appt five months later, I was told by another rude nurse that I should have gotten my blood work done five days prior, as though I should have known. Well, who's job is it to tell me? Dr.Christiansen himself is very arrogant and he could tell I was upset with is office. His parting words to me...Hope you can have a better day. How demeaning amd rude. He was late too!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

This guy was not helpful at all. He was arrogant. Had to wait 3 months for appt. When I get to appt, there was no one else waiting to see him. The girl at the desk was obviously on a personal call and was put off she had to get me signed in.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Dr. Louis G. Christiansen's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)