Ratings for Dr. Christiaan S. (Christo) Rabie

Professional, personable, good listener, easy to talk to, informative

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Have seen Chrsto Rabie for 17 years. He has been an excellent doctor and has done a great job guiding me through some very tough chronic problems. I agree with the other comments: honest, caring, and well informed.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

After waiting four months for an appointment, the doctor cancelled one of his working days. This effectively cancelled my appointment. However, no one thought that it might be a good idea to let the patient know this appointment was cancelled. When asked to explain what was going on, the staff said I had cancelled it, which I did not. They finally admitted this was done by the doctor, due to a scheduling change. Instead of letting me know, and rebooking in a timely fashion due to this change being their mistake, they have put me at the bottom of the list again. This means that six months will have elapsed since I first called in. I asked them to check my phone number, since I had not gotten notification of the cancellation. My phone number had been changed. I asked who was responsible, as I have had the same number for nearly a decade. They wouldn't tell me. I got the number corrected. The problem is that this is the second time my phone number has been changed by someone other than me, to a number which is not mine. What is going on here? The last time this was done, someone had also booked an appointment under my name, which was a no-show. The office tried to charge me for this, even though I had not been in for a few years and did not book the appointment. I am beginning to think they have mixed my records up with someone else. This does not inspire confidence. Surely there should be some security checks and balances, like asking for someone's health number when they phone in to book appointments or make changes to personal information. Security of health information seems to be hit and miss here.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr rabie has been my doctor since I moved to the city, I have gone to other doctors out of convenience because I moved across town but I will make the trip to see him. He's the BEST.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr Rabie has been my family doctor for years. Has always been able to effectively help me and makes me feel comfortable

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Rabie for 20 yrs and in mu humble opinion the best doctor going. Great personality, honest and caring.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

I have had Dr. Rabie for my family doctor for over 12 years. I was one of his first patients in Calgary when he first came over from South Africa and consider him as a doctor who has it all. Professionalism,knowledge,and sincerity are his attributes. He is always on time for his appointments and deals kindly with his patients who have their health issues. Great doctor and a kind heart to match.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have been a client of Dr. Rabie for 10 years. I am in excellent health and get the annual checkup which he watches like a hawk and always is very thorough and never rushed. I had a serious incident while in the US last year which he provided telephone advice and even pre arranged medical care for me upon my return. You feel like he is your brother and you are part of his family in the commitment he demonstrates to your personal health. Thanks Doc.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Let this be a cautionary tale. Every doctor is fallible. Every doctor makes mistakes. Every doctor has his or her own personal biases. One of those biases might be in thinking that middle-aged female patients' health concern are "all in our head". And sometimes those concerns are all in their heads, as in cancer. My advice is that if you feel something is wrong, push until your doctor listens, or get a new doctor. Don't let any doctor brush your concerns aside by telling you, "I'm not concerned about it." Well, it's your body and you ARE concerned. Push for a referral if your concerns are falling on deaf ears, and don't take "no" for an answer. If your family doctor treats you differently from the way he treats your spouse and children, opt out. Get a new doctor who will listen to you. Do not let your concerns be brushed away. You know your body better than anyone else. Some problems are in your head -- and sometimes they are a missed cancer diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Oh my god, this guy is a flipping magician. First, let's talk about the fact that this man wanted only to serve his country and in that process he met his wife, who he still loves. Next, his cavalier and casual approach to your health is simply because this man is wholly confident that he can not only help you, but is willing to do what it takes to make your life better despite any complications. this man's personal satisfaction is derived from your contentment. Yow. Finally, charisma and genuine charm. I mean, really, what experienced doctor have you met who made you feel like you were the first patient he ever had, was actually invested in your well being, and had the expertise with no hubris to serve you. I bet your local clinic made you wait like some kind of pariah. In a sentence, at least see this man, he truly wants to help you. cheers.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014