Ratings for Dr. Dennis L. Surratt

Had a visit with the eye doctor today after a few painful day getting over steel grit in the eye Come to find out I have been wearing the wrong prescription for my contacts for a couple of years now Doc said throw the readers away you won’t need them anymore and he is right I can even read the phone book now He said you probably won’t be getting headaches any more either I sure hope that part is true Say what you want about Wal-Mart but today I found someone special there I can’t thank you enough Dennis L Surratt, O.D.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

We Love Dr. Surratt.... We travel a long way to have our eyes checked... Sometimes the cost has little to do with the Doctor as long as he knows what he is doing.. That's not to say the doctor should raise rates....

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

He was a good optometrist but when it comes to the bill he was unreasonable and rude. He is one of Blue Cross's contracted provider yet he wants me to pay up front and get reimbursed later after he gets a check from Blue Cross. I trusted him and handed my credit card believing he would write me a check for the appropriate amount. My policy says my glasses, contacts, and exams were 100% covered by the insurance and with only a 20 dollar co pay. A month later, he wrote a check but he returned only 75 percent of what he owe me (after the co pay). His explanation was that he didn't get the amount he wanted from Blue Cross and deduct the amount from my reimbursement check. That's not fair to me as I went to a contracted provider under my insurance and he as a contracted provider should follow the fee schedule that the insurance and the doctor agreed upon. Basically he's making extra money from the insurance and from his patient so watch out.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Dr. Dennis L. Surratt's Credentials

• Southern College Of Optometry (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Port Allen, LA