Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Cheney

I had suffered for years with pain that was so debilitating at times that it affected my quality of life. I saw Dr. Cheney in 2013 and he spent 45 minutes with me reviewing my numerous x-rays and MRIs and discussing his recommendations. He even advised me on other spinal issues he noticed in my scans that I wasn't being seen for. He was friendly, professional, and compassionate. Was he confident in his recommendations? Absolutely. Do I think that makes him arrogant? Absolutely not. When looking for a surgeon, I look for someone who possesses superior skills and knowledge and is direct. I wasn't looking for someone to coddle me and tell me nice things. He later performed a dual anterior discectomy with fusion on my cervical spine and I woke up from the surgery feeling better than I had in more than a decade! He was also very compassionate when he checked on me post-surgery in my hospital room. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a highly skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Concerned that the level of arogance this doctor has. Influenced his ability to diagnose condition properly. The doctor insisted that the symptoms I displayed was due to cervical compression and effects from spine. However I had had a fall. Diagnoses by three doctors with rotator cuff tear and all of my issues were directly conected to the amount. And way I used my arm. Although I was glad he was open at least to my having nerve studies to more clearly establish causes of pain. The studies iliminated the spine as effecting my arm. I am trying to be fair to this doctor. However he as evidenced by test results, is not correct in stating rotator cuff tear would not cause symptoms I have. I may return to him to discuss spine problem. However I would not take his Diagnoses as final, I would always Get a second opinion and tests to support or negate diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Walk into hospital before surgery fine now walk with walker and on social security!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Looked at the negative comments of Dr. Cheney and find them all BOGUS. I have been going to this doctor for almost 10 years and he's the best.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Great experience with Dr. Cheney. Would recommend him to anyone. Polite, and to the point. Exactly the way a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Cheney and his staff are the best! The ambulatory operating room at the Bone and Joint Center is also better than any hospital. I walked out after the surgery pain free and would recommend Dr. Cheney to anyone considering cervical disc surgery. When you are good your services are in demand and this could lead to office visit delays. Be patient it is well worth the wait!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

our son broke his neck playing sports. Dr. Cheney and his nurse were very helpful, taking the time to explain the injury by showing us the scans and a 3d model. He took the time to answer questions and help alleviate our fears. We did have to wait quite a while for our appointment, but sometimes that can't be helped.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

My experience was also negative. The doctor was arrogant, rude and I woke up after surgery in a basement of St Peters looking at the dripping water from the ceiling. When I said I continued to have back problems after the surgery he sent me to another doctor who treated me as if it were psychosomatic! I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Saw him several times over a 2 year period and was not impressed. The first couple of times I waited hours past my appointment time only to be told there are emergencies that occur that need his attention. I'm okay with that but I'd rather reschedule than have to wait so long, my time is improtant too. Bed side manner stinks, he is arrogant beyond belief and not truthful on my medical records. I requested radiologist reports on 2 MRI I had done there and coincidentally got his reports too. He failed to mention his reccomended surgery, which was scheduled with his nurse after the 1st MRI. Instead his notes for the visit said "patient is responding well to anti inflammatory drug". What a crock. I wouldn't trust him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

I got in to see him 5 min early and he came in a little late and immediately apologized for being 10 minutes late. Got right to the point and gave me great information. Answered all my questions in a very pleasant manner.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Dr. Robert A. Cheney's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company