Ratings for Dr. Sari Kives

Dr. Kives is a wonderful doctor. She took the time to explain the procedure and after surgery she came by to check on me.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I have seen Dr Kives for many years and she has always been nothing but compassionate and an amazing factual doctor. She DOES follow up with patients post op and has made herself available when being discharged home ahould any questions arrise. I would 110% recommend Dr Kives. I am disappointed I lived a bit far to have had her as an OB for my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Having suffered from terrible symptoms caused by uterine fibroids for years, Dr. Kives felt a hysterectomy was the best option; however, having an already low blood count, I was concerned about exacerbating my anemia, as well as the risks involved with having such a major surgery. She referred me to Dr. Common, an Interventional Radiologist, who performed Uterine Fibroid Embolization ( a non-invasive procedure) in September, and it took less than 2 weeks to fully recover. I’ve regained enough energy to do high-impact aerobics and haven’t felt this great in years! I’m very grateful to Kives for the referral, especially when a previous Gynaecologist bluntly told me I wasn’t a suitable candidate for any surgery, other than a hysterectomy. Dr, Kives is kind, knowledgeable, and is an advocate for the well-being of her patients!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr Kives is a fantastic doctor! She was my OB during my 3 pregnancies. I always felt well taken care of, she answered all of my questions and put to ease any concerns I had. I never felt rushed and felt comfortable talk g to her about anything. I am sad I am not having anymore kids because I loved going to see her! She is the best doctor I have ever had and I really like my GP so that is saying a lot!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I have just read a few of the reviews about Dr Kives and am horrified,There must be 2 Dr Kives’s because the one that treated me was nothing like the one that they describe, I have been going to see Dr Kives for several years and she delivered my last child several years ago, I have nothing but praise about my child bearing experience! And now that I have other gynaecological issues she always makes me feel at ease and allays any fears I might have regarding my symptoms, I often have to wait a bit but having gone to many doctors I realize this is not abnormal, That can be expected considering the times that I have overstayed my visit with my many questions: I never felt pressured to leave so she could see the next patient! I always left uplifted with the knowledge that she would take care of me, In my opinion those who dislike her obviously caught her on a bad day because they have her all wrong, She is a caring competent excellent doctor and I for one would trust her with my life,

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to get a hold of your gynaecologist after surgery. Dr. Kives does not care period. It has been 6 weeks since my surgery-I've left 3 messages; I was already supposed to have seen her by now and had follow up tests, but no one has called me back. She doesn't visit you after ur surgery nor calls to check to see how you are recovering. Disgustingly unethical and negligent. She put me on very expensive and harmful meds which had serious side effects but dismissed me and told me to continue taking them. She neglected to discuss every available treatment option available to me-only pushed a total hysterectomy which I later found out to be a totally unnecessary surgery for my condition, but is highly lucrative for Kives. I opted for a less invasive surgery that still carries potential complications even at 8 months Post-op. If I have any complications, which could have been treated but weren't because Kives wasn't available for me, she will be hearing from my lawyer. The lady sharing my recovery room had a hysterectomy performed by Kives a few months ago and whose bladder was damaged; consequently, being readmitted through emerg and having her bladder emptied via catheter. She was already an inpatient in my room when I arrived and for the whole time I was there, she was crying and cursing for being a victim of botched surgery. She too never got a visit or call from Kives. I don't believe for a second the positive reviews here are authentic . Just a callous and evil human being who pathologically contradicts herself and intentionally misleads her patients. She should not be allowed to deal with the general public.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Kives is a wonderful professional person who is also personal and a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I only saw her once and it was awful. She has no bedside manner, she made me feel terrible about my self and very worried about having PCOS which she diagnosed me with. Did not care about my feelings at all. Was very late for the appointment and wasn't clear about what to do after; she left me in the room for at least 10 minutes. I thought she was coming back but apparently my appointment was over. I had to go ask the receptionist (who also wasn't helpful).

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about this doctor. Dr Kives is one of the kindest and most compassionate doctors I know. Her skill and knowledge is what led my husband and I to choose her for our second pregnancy. She was the doctor on call that delivered my first son in 2015. I was initially induced during the day and Dr Kives was on call that night. My son was not tolerating labour too well and all signs were leading to an emergent c-section. In enters this amazing Doctor. She provided a sense of calm and confidence in her actions. She spoke to my husband and I thoroughly about the options, and after speaking with her I had total confidence that we were in great hands. Dr Kives delivered my son without complication whilst avoiding a c-section. I don't think there was any other Doctor that I would have gone to after that night. During this pregnancy, Dr Kives showed her true colors again. Her professionalism in the office was impressive! She was always willing to listen to my concerns about the pregnancy and made me feel at ease with every appointment. I would not hesitate to recommend this doctor to anyone that I know! Thank you Dr Kives for everything you have done for our family!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Kives is worst doctor ever I found in Canada. No one should trust her. She doesn't like her job. She choose this profession just make money! She didn't care patient life and feeling! She did wrong surgery after that she didn't come to see me after surgery at the hospital, even she didn't follow-up with me. No one should trust her ever. She didn't do anything what she concern with me to sign concern papers. He just cut my tummy vertically and closed it, she didn't do anything what she concern. She can do my surgery without incision, for money she just cut my tummy then she can make more money. She took revenge with me because I went to another gynecologist before my surgery. She is not professional. This is my life I have without my concern she can't not cut my tummy. Before procedure she should concerned with me that she she is angry because I saw another gynecologist. Also she shouldn't tell what she can't do and cancelled my surgery. After surgery she didn't show-up, after 6 week on follow-up she put me waiting long 7 hours! after 7 hours she show-up but she didn't answer any of my questions! She physically hurt me and left the room. After waiting 7 hours with raw wound I had severe pain. More than 6 months now still Dr. Kives didn't see me after surgery. I booked appointment to discus my situations, Dr. Kives told me Im sorry for my mistake, and what ever I done I can't reverse it. I told her for your mistake Im now suffering physically and mentally. After that Dr. Kives told me I can't do anything about it then she left me. I was upset about her behaved. After long waiting when I was crying for pain she tread me to leave the clinic otherwise she will call security to kick me out of the clinic. Finally she called security! Last time I had irregular period she put me birth control pill long time that cause me fatty liver! Please don't go anyone to her for treatment.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017