Ratings for Dr. Sari Kives

Dr. Kives changed my life. I suffered from debilitating endometriosis since my teens, and then also adenomysosis after I had my son in my mid-30s. I’m now mid-40s and for decades I tried numerous non-surgical treatments before deciding on a more drastic approach to alleviate the never-ending pain. My GP referred me to Dr. Sari Kives who is, in my opinion, the BEST gynaecological surgeon ever. Dr. Kives performed a perfect laparoscopic total hysterectomy leaving my ovaries intact - the surgery was major but my recovery was not painful whatsoever. She removed as much of the endo as she was able to during my surgery and I healed surprisingly fast. My scars are so minimal that I have to actually look for them as they don’t stand out whatsoever. It has been 1.5 years since my surgery and Dr. Kives changed the quality of my life! I will be forever grateful to Dr. Kives, her skill and her expertise. Anyone who is lucky enough to have Dr. Kives as their surgeon is in the best and most experienced hands possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dr. Kives. Meredith F.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

Dr. Sari Kives was professional, kind and went above her job description to ensure a safe and comfortable delivery. Although she was not working the days that I was in labour / gave birth, she visited the hospital each day to make sure both the baby and I were okay. Her team is extremely helpful and understanding. There We’re the odd wait times for an appointment but her expertise is worth the wait. I look forward to Dr. Kives being my doctor again in the future.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Had some issues with the receptionist not getting back to my G.P when they called multiple times about apt etc, but that is the only negative and it all worked out. These reviews scared me a little bit but please DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. If you are a whiner and need coddling and attention than this is probably not the right fit, but if your a regular person who needs a leader in their industry this is your Doctor. She's very experienced, and will tell you straight up what she thinks professionally. She did NOT push a hysterectomy on me like another woman alleged she did for financial reasons, and she could have. I have massive fibroids and would have believed I needed the surgery but she chose a less invasive path for me. Always very punctual which is literally unheard of for a specialist. She is a wonderful Doctor if you are lucky enough to be treated by her. Don't let "those" other people worry you, she is good

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Very informative and to the point. Explained the procedure as well as risks and options. Really showed confidence and provides some good calmness.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

A good Surgeon I hope, so far everything is fine with the recovery but as for a presence, there was none, I dealt with her team and didn't see her once. Getting required paperwork for work for the time off was like having to give my first born, has been a week and I'm still waiting for it.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr. Kives is a wonderful doctor. She took the time to explain the procedure and after surgery she came by to check on me.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I have seen Dr Kives for many years and she has always been nothing but compassionate and an amazing factual doctor. She DOES follow up with patients post op and has made herself available when being discharged home ahould any questions arrise. I would 110% recommend Dr Kives. I am disappointed I lived a bit far to have had her as an OB for my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Having suffered from terrible symptoms caused by uterine fibroids for years, Dr. Kives felt a hysterectomy was the best option; however, having an already low blood count, I was concerned about exacerbating my anemia, as well as the risks involved with having such a major surgery. She referred me to Dr. Common, an Interventional Radiologist, who performed Uterine Fibroid Embolization ( a non-invasive procedure) in September, and it took less than 2 weeks to fully recover. I’ve regained enough energy to do high-impact aerobics and haven’t felt this great in years! I’m very grateful to Kives for the referral, especially when a previous Gynaecologist bluntly told me I wasn’t a suitable candidate for any surgery, other than a hysterectomy. Dr, Kives is kind, knowledgeable, and is an advocate for the well-being of her patients!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr Kives is a fantastic doctor! She was my OB during my 3 pregnancies. I always felt well taken care of, she answered all of my questions and put to ease any concerns I had. I never felt rushed and felt comfortable talk g to her about anything. I am sad I am not having anymore kids because I loved going to see her! She is the best doctor I have ever had and I really like my GP so that is saying a lot!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I have just read a few of the reviews about Dr Kives and am horrified,There must be 2 Dr Kives’s because the one that treated me was nothing like the one that they describe, I have been going to see Dr Kives for several years and she delivered my last child several years ago, I have nothing but praise about my child bearing experience! And now that I have other gynaecological issues she always makes me feel at ease and allays any fears I might have regarding my symptoms, I often have to wait a bit but having gone to many doctors I realize this is not abnormal, That can be expected considering the times that I have overstayed my visit with my many questions: I never felt pressured to leave so she could see the next patient! I always left uplifted with the knowledge that she would take care of me, In my opinion those who dislike her obviously caught her on a bad day because they have her all wrong, She is a caring competent excellent doctor and I for one would trust her with my life,

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017