Ratings for Dr. Jean Segal

after waiting 1/2 hour to see Dr Segal while he chatted socially next door with his nurse, he spoke to me about my upcoming daycare procedure for about 5 minutes in a clearly rehearsed manner and was gone, Clearly his nurse has more interest to him than his patients., I don't feel like going back to him, he seems very disinterested and rude, it was un unpleasant visit. I feel I am worth more than his cursory disinterested approach.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Had a fairly invasive surgery done by Dr. Segal. before and after the surgery he spent about exactly a single minute with me. Hey, I know a doctors time is valuable, but seriously, sedated, brainfogged after surgery, the guy talked a mile a minute for about exactly one minute and I don't remember a word he said. You can't expect someone just waking up from sedation to remember and follow complicated instructions that you rattle off at warp speed before speeding off without even a goodbye. See a different surgeon if you can.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

This doctor butchered my husband!!!! It's been 16 months and he is still suffering from the botched gallbladder surgery that required major reconstruction to repair. This guy should have his licence taken away! He didn't even have the balls to follow up on the mess he made. Makes me sick that he's still a surgeon. Stay clear of him!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

After reading reviews and looking at the wait times for a hernia fix I decided to see Dr. Segal. The time to see him after my GP was just 2 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised that my surgery date to fix my hernia was just 2.5 weeks later. Dr. Segal was professional, explained in plain english what he was going to do to fix the hernia and exactly how long I would be off work. Dr. Segal was very confident that the surgery looked straight forward and that was reassuring. Dr. Segal performs many hernia operations which was a key consideration in me choosing him as well. I wanted a surgeon who had "seen it all" and was experienced in this type of surgery. The surgery was a success and I am 100% recovered. Pain after the surgery was as explained - there were no surprises. I was told the first 3-4 days were rough and indeed they were but it was manageable. Afterwards, the rest of the recovery period went exactly as was outlined. For those going for a ventral hernia operation ensure you follow the no lifting/light duties only regiment for the full 6 weeks! Whats the point of going through the pain of the surgery if you decide to over do it and have to get surgery all over again? If you are looking for a professional, straight forward, very experienced hernia specialist who works out of Delta Hospital, an excellent day surgery center, then Dr. Segal should be at the top of our list.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I wish that I could provide a positive comment on Dr. Segal but I cannot. I was referred to Dr. Segal for a needle biopsy/aspiration on a lump in my breast. I have saline breast implants which Dr. Segal was aware of, both by my records and by physical examination prior to my procedure. Dr. Segal performed by procedure quickly in the emergency area at Delta Hospital at the end of his surgical day. When Dr. Segal removed the second sample from the lump the fluid was completely clear which alarmed me and I asked him if he it the implant. Dr. Segal said no that it must just be fluid around the breast. ??? I immediately contacted another surgeon and went for assessment. I followed up with Dr. Segal days later and let him know the results of my meeting with another surgeon and allowed him to do an assessment of his own the following week to which he replied in a letter to me that while the breast was significantly deflated he could not be sure what caused it. I don't want any money from Dr. Segal and only have asked him to work with my surgeon to replace/repair what he broke. This is not a surgeon that I could or would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr Segal performed a colonoscopy on me a few years ago. Recently I had reason to see him again. Despite a 4 month wait for an appointment I asked to be put on a standby list. I was able to see him a week after my referral. Every positive review on here is true. He is a gifted person who helps others. Fraser Health is lucky to have this physician. Thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

He is the best dr. I had a colonoscopy from him and I've had my vericose veins fixed by him. All around super Doctor

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I have had several surgical procedures by Dr Segal over the years and all have gone well. He is a very busy doctor but I never felt rushed as he took the time to listen and talk He is exceptional - not only in his medical and surgical skills but in his wonderfully caring, friendly manner. His smile puts you at ease. I'm very thankful for many doctors over my 66 years but he is absolutely my favourite.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I had been misdiagnosed over a 4 month period by my Maple Ridge doctor and the Maple Ridge hospital doctors back in 2010. Fortunately my uncle told me about Dr Segal. Dr. Segal was a lifesaver...he has great bedside manners and he contacted a specialist at St. Paul to help find out what was going on with my health. Before I knew it I had a correct diagnosis and I was scheduled for gallbladder surgery. I felt like a million dollars when I came out of surgery...no pain and today you can hardly see a scar...and there were 4 incisions! 6 months later I needed hernia surgery....again Dr Segal was fantastic. Healed well and again you can hardly see a scar. This man is absolutely the best Doctor I have ever known in my 55 years. I wish I could see him for all of my health issues. Also his staff was great at helping me out...they know what they are doing and everything is very well organized.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

To my point of view there is no such word invented to describe Dr. Segal and his passionate, humorous, and top notch personality. When I first saw him in his office before the surgery, I knew he was the one who could cure me because of his positive approach and caring attitude. He is knowledgable, experienced, informative and direct and really listens to your questions and answers. His bedside manner is second to none and he makes you feel confident and lets you know about changes early. He was kind and so caring that he even returned my phone call from the hospital when he was performing surgeries all day. I would rate him 5 out of 5 and pray to the almighty to give Mr. Segal and his family every success in life. Also, his office staff including Carley are all helpful, friendly and hardworking. Thanks, Ramu Singh & Family.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014