Ratings for Dr. John E. Connelly

His father, Neil was a wonderful man. (may he rest in peace) I went to him since I was 18. But, this doctor is a hothead and has no social graces with his patients. My wife asked a simple question while at this doctor and he snapped, yelled at her and said she should make a separate appointment and then charged almost double for the visit. That was the end of doing business with him. What a shame that he ruins what his father spent countless years building. Please forgive him Dr. Neil for he knows not what he does.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I didn't mind he lectured me on health problems, but I did mind once he unprofessionally assumed I wasn't disabled. He seemed a bit upset I even mentioned it, and he acted as if he knew me, or was even the slightest bit qualified to judge. I never was very social around him, and I rarely spoke of personal things. Sadly I think he's set in his ways and can't come to understand mental health problems. If he took into account all my hospitalizations, work history, school, and other problems, it should have been clear to him. I assume his reasons for saying that were more political and less about caring for others. A judge and many other professionals beg to differ with his view. I had John and his father Neil all my life, and I wish I could continue going to a familiar place. I wish him the best and hope he can understand the error of his ways in time.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

I witnessed this doctor publicly embarrass his patient while I was waiting in the waiting room. I felt bad for her as he told her to leave the waiting room in an ugly tone. She clearly left embarrassed and humilated. On top of this, where's the patient/doctor privacy & confidentiality?? He disclosed her health issue in front of everyone else. I will reconsider keeping him as my primary physician if this is a reflection of how he treats his patients.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Connely for over 10 years. He has made correct diagnosis of everything I had wrong with me. The only complaint is that he gets annoyed if you second guess him, or come in with something from the web.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

Excellent caring doctors and staff. Affiliated with good hospital

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

We have been going to Dr. Connelly for years. If we have ever needed to us the answering service afterhours, a doctor has always called back promptly to handle any issues at hand. They take good care of my two children as well. Overall good experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

I have never had a problem with the doctor or his staff. He has always been helpful with any concern I had and took the time to sit and discuss things with me at every visit. I would not consider anyone else to hold my life in their hands!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

Took over a year to get a referral after blood tests showed positive ANA (lupus). After specialist gave diagnosis, Dr. Connelly told me the specialist's diagnosis was incorrect! He said that although he is not familiar with that specialty, it was impossible to have what I was diagnosed with. I just sat and cried in his office. He said nothing, got up and went out. When my DH found out how upset I was, he called Dr. Connelly. Dr. Connelly never returned his calls. I feel he is unresponsive, unkind and not skilled with bedside manner. Apparently his medical knowledge is not great either. Recently I went in for nausea. Took urine sample, said I might have infection, send sample to be cultured, prescribed an antibiotic. 1 week later I got a form letter stating that the sample was clear and that I should see a urologist! Hello...I went in for NAUSEA! That was the final straw for me.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Dr. John E. Connelly's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Healthnet