Ratings for Dr. Elaine R. Gecht

Horrible. Incompetent and lazy. Wanted to give my mother comfort care (=let her die) when my mother's blood pressure dropped, because she was too lazy to run urine and blood tests that would have revealed an easily treated urinary tract infection. After I sent my mother to the ER and she recovered, Dr. Gecht screamed at me that it was "cruel" to keep sending my mother to the ER since she would only be going back in a couple of weeks, and she said she had the legal power to override my wishes and let my mother die if she deemed treatment to be "medically futile." I immediately transferred my mom to the care of a different doctor, in whose caring hands she lived another two years. Moreover, Dr. Gecht was lying about overriding my wishes. The term "medically futile" applies to patients who would die within a few minutes, even with intervention, not to a person who has an udiagnosed UTI that is easily treatable - if the doctor isn't too lazy to do her job and diagnose the problem.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

great doctor with warmth and kindness and very knowledgeble

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr. Elaine R. Gecht's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)