Ratings for Dr. James Powell

We had my 92 yr old mother in for her first follow up appointment after hip surgery Dr. Powell made her and others wait up to 2 1/2 hours .It wasn't until we made a fuss to the front desk people that we were leaving, that mom finally got in but she still didn't see Dr Powell.Mom saw another Dr. we don't know why because Dr Powell was seen in the clinic numerous times.Then we were told to book another appointment in three months .Dr. Powell did not have a schedule for that time period very unorganized.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

My experrience with Dr. Powell was not very good. Although he was pleasant to speak with, he was almost an hour late for his appointment in the fracture clinic. His interaction was brief prior to surgery as he rleiec mainly on his understudies to explain things. I have heard from a few people that he isn't the most talented surgeon, but he does seem to care about his patients.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

I had a total hip replacement on September 26, 2017 and this surgeon is amazing !! I was up shortly after surgery and the only pain I have ever had was due to the incision .... I was walking 6 days post op without any aides and didn't use the raised toilet seat or the bath helper , just did once ..... his staff is excellent as well and Colleen his nurse is also wonderful !! I could not have had a better surgeon !!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I love Dr. Powell. He did my right hip replacement in 2004. I never looked back. I'm looking for a left replacement now and wouldn't consider anyone else. I wish he could do my shoulder.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I cant thank this man and his team enough. They have tottaly changed my life. Everything from the referal, to the apts, surgery, aftercare... everything, perfect. I am 38 years old, and have been given a second chance at a pain free life. I received a full hip replacement. 5 stars, A+.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr Powell was remarkable in the repair of my major ankle - fibula break and reconstruction. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Having Dr. Powell as my surgeon following my motor vehicle accident was simply a blessing. My case was exceptionally complex with a shattered pelvis that required 3 operations to piece it back together again. And once it had healed, a total hip replacement since the cartilage was destroyed in the accident. I am now walking and operating pretty much as if nothing had ever happened...... Thank You Thank You Thank You Dr. Powell and staff!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

This is my third hip surgery done by Dr. Powell and all 3 are successful. So pleased with his team before, during and after. He is very busy, which for appointments is tough when waiting long periods. His work and professionalism is impeccable.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Powell just completed my second hip replacement; this time with the direct anterior approach. I am just as delighted this time as the first time, 13 years ago. Highly Highly recommend Dr. Jim Powell. His staff is also exemplary.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Not many physicians that care like Dr.Powell. Myself, my family and a number of good friends have been seen by Dr. Powell. We have had nothing but outstanding results. First class person and very professional. Much respect from us!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017