Ratings for Dr. James Powell

Dr Powell operated on my left knee about 6 years ago and it is worse than before. My leg is not straight and hurts continually. A lot of days I can barely walk. I had no physio afterwords, six weeks after my surgery my knee gave out and I fell down a cement stair. I was told not to worry about it. Never was called for a follow up. Went to another surgeon and they say the knee is is in such terrible shape there is nothing they can do.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I have had two hip resurfacing operations with Dr Powell and his team in the past 11 years. The results have been outstanding and I cannot recommend Dr Powell and his team any higher! The only less than stellar rating was for punctuality and that is only because in many instances Dr Powell operates in the AM and has his cast clinics and or consultations in the afternoons and as a result he may be late ( somewhat) In each instance he apologised immediately and took the time to answer any questions I had fully. I cannot believe that anyone would give him a less than stellar rating... Colleen (his case manager) was outstanding in handling my insurance issues and answering any per surgical inquiries...Tanya (his scheduling manager) was excellent in answering questions and preparing me for what I needed to know on day of procedures...Dr Powell even came to check on me on a Saturday , which I found surprising.I found he and his team highly knowledgeable, caring , and a pleasure to deal with...outstanding experience!!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr Powell replaced my left hip. He gave me my life back. I suffered for 5 years before finally finding a surgeon to help me. Now I'm biking with my grandkids. Dr Powell is number one in my books.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

So the hip works great! That's the good news. The bad news is, I now have a 1.8 cm leg length discrepancy which has caused me no end of difficulty as well as thousands spent on special shoes and lifts. I have regular disputes with shoemakers as part of my life now. Thanks, Dr. Powell.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

He must be getting old, had hip surgery performed and its given me nothing but problems. Saw another ortho. in the USA, the part was faulty but he did not noticed, did not take responibility. Apparently, I hear, NOT his first time. PR very good, I was referred.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

From the first time I met Dr Powell; I was inspired with confidence. Though I knew he had an extremely busy practice, he made me feel I was the only one who mattered. He focused, on point , listens, allows you the opportunity to ask questions and very informative. I could not imagine having a better experience than Dr, Jim Powell. Equally, his assistants are amazing.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr Powell has operated on me 3 times, once for a major leg injury with multiple fractures and massive lacerations and twice for knee replacements. I had outstanding outcomes from all three operations and the following rehabilitation and i have an excellent quality of life. I understand that not all outcomes may be perfect given the degree of injury that may occur and the limitations of medical treatment. Dr Powell was always available and very helpful. He made me aware of the risks and warned that a complete recovery was not guaranteed every time. I have friends in the medical community who recommended him, told me that he had the highest number of operating hours in the city and was the go to guy for horrific injuries that other surgeons were reluctant to take. Some appointments were punctual, some were a little late. I always took a book in case he got behind or tied up. Colleen was wonderful. I am a little taken aback by the vitriol of some of the other reviewers as my perceptions were so different from their's .

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

His a great doctor for me. He listen when i say or ask something. I wouldnt have my arm back if theres no doctor like him. So thankful we have such a doctor like him to help and serve us.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Amazing surgeon and a great human being. Orovides exceptional care and has the capability to handle difficult and complicated cases, which many of his colleagues refuse to entertain. I trust him completely

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

If Dr. Powell knows anything it would be hard to tell. Don't waist your time asking him any questions. I found him to be rude and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015