Ratings for Dr. Brent A. Felix

My neck surgery was successful. I never spoke with the surgeon at any following appts his PA shows no caring for you or your needs. The staff never returns calls for days if at all. Any requests for appt notes for insurance has to be begged for. Any papers needing to be filled out for disibility is not completed. Any complications are not addressed from the surgery. I have had to seek out another physician to help me with complications. The doctor will not back up his surgery findings to help with workers comp.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

My husband had surgery for a herniated disk last year. Dr. Felix's PA was very helpful and knowledgeable both before and after surgery. He told us what was going on, what the surgery would entail and how to best cope and aid in recovery. I saw Dr. Felix twice: just after surgery where he clearly told me how the surgery had gone as well as brief instructions instructions for recovery. He came against the next morning to talk to my husband. He was clear, polite, and thorough. I hope we.never need his services again., but if we do, we'll gladly return!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

This doctor is not helpful. He throws you asside as soon as surgery is done. If you have other issues. TOO BAD--find another doctor. I did and I must have additional surgery. Stay away.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Felix saved my moms life and has stayed on top of her care once she was moved to a rehab facility. He is an amazing surgeon and doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I only saw the physician twice during the ENTIRE course of the care.Consult before surgery & a 5 minute visit after surgery.His staff was more interested in visiting with my friend that was attending the visit with me,than my symptoms.I asked them for a referral to a pain management clinic,which they never offered.I asked them for a detailed plan of care,his staff told me that I was too needy and that they didn't have time for all of my questions.I was on medication that caused me to feel disconnected and it was difficult to remember and think, and they knew this.They made every effort to shuffle me in and out the door with as little contact as possible.I was admitted to the ER for a different issue months after the surgery and I did not know about laws regarding pain medications.They treated me like a criminal and told me that I was a liar.After a long harassing phone call where they accused me of manipulating the system,they requested that I not come back.VERY poor care!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

Biggest problem with Dr. Felix is that he uses an unknowledgeable P.A. to take care of all of the pre-surgery and post surgery appointments. If things are wrong the P.A. is no help. So you are on your own after surgery.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

I guess I was confused with Dr. Felix. I don't know how to rate this. I too was farmed out to the PA for the pre-surgery physical and after surgery care. Dr. Felix did a grade Excellent (5) job on the surgery. I have absolutely no concerns about that. It was more the care before and after not done by Dr. Felix. I have other chronic medical conditions that require physicians care and need to be looked at especially when considering surgery. The PA acted as if didn't really know how to approach them. After not even examining me for the pre-surgery physical (he just asked questions), I had my own GP to do one. I know the PA was upset that I had not trusted his judgment. I just wanted to be careful with my other conditions. I guess I would rate the surgery by the surgeon a 5. The PA a 3.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

he fixed my sicatic nerve that a disc. was pushing on by a little tiny incison and trimming some of the disc. I couldn't walk in that morning because of the pain and weekness,but after OUT PATIENT SURGERY I could walk with NO PAIN or WEEKNESS at all, and have had no trouble whatsoever including NO VISITS to a choirpractor for 8years now. He was very knowledgeable in this area.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Not much to evaluate from this doc... Maybe good maybe not. Busy practice. His PA does all the pt contact (though he did not introduce himself as a PA, which was kinda off-putting, especially after he let me assume he was an MD but I finally asked if he was and he admitted, no.) No indication from Dr. Felix that he is even aware of my existance. What is up with doctors who don't even see their patients? What, he can't even pop in for two seconds to say hey how's it going with that chronic back pain anyway. Office seems well-administered and professional. Nurse (?) or the woman in scrubs who escorts you back, was friendly.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

Dr. Brent A. Felix's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)