Ratings for Dr. Nel E. Gerig

I found Dr. Gerig to be incredibly patient, friendly, attentive, personable, down-to-earth and understanding. She has a pleasant demeanor and seems quite knowledgeable about her practice. I would certainly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

After 8 years of pain Dr.Gerig has given me hope and solutions and relief.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

I was very pleased with my first appt to deal with a flare after two decades of treatment for severe interstitial cystitis. Dr Gerig is knowledgeable about current therapies and medications. As a disabled Medicare patient, she was helpful in working to keep my costs workable. She was open to trying some novel treatments and encouraged me to continue with the self-care regimen that has allowed me to remain relatively independent. She was able to promptly schedule necessary surgery. I have also used the N2pt in the past with excellent results in pelvic floor therapy. I would strongly recommend this doctor and her staff. In addition, Dr Lukhban, an excellent former urologist of mine, has moved back to Denver and he is also based out of this office.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Poor judgement and very poor ethics. this doctor is very rude!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

Dr. Gerig has always made me feel very comfortable and easy to talk to. And, best of all, she really listens to me. I am a male and she has always made me feel very comfortable, comfortable enough to be able to talk to her about any prostate/urology issues. She performed successful prostate surgery (non-cancer) on me.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

I was treated for the bladder pain which was tremendous, and nobody could help me. She saved my life.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Amazing! Wonderful! Breath of fresh air. When Dr.'s of this calibur come around they must be cloned! Especially in the field in which works, it makes life worth living. Knowledgeable, so much so, u may want to bring a notepad & pen or recorder. Sh e actually offered me a hug and I broke down in tears. I had 5 surgeries in the 3 years prior because of misdiagnosis and she hit the nail on the head day one-with compassion! A#1=)

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Dr Gerig is the best. I wish all Dr's were as caring, gentle and knowledgeable as her. I was very fortunate to find her. I saw a number of urologists and she was the first who knew the answers. Her follow up and straight-forward style is very much appreciated. I can't say enough good about Dr Gerig.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr.Greig has been a total life saver for me. She never gave up on me and she went above and beyond to help me. I can't say enough wonderful things about her, she is a gift from god!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

I had complications after my surgery and it was handled very poorly. I never spoke with the doctor after my surgery and no one from her office checked me out of the hospital properly. That night I had complications and I had to go in the office the next day only after I had called them multiple times explaining my issue. To that end, only after several phone calls did Dr. Gerig even call me back. I really do think my hospital checkout was negligent and poorly managed. Also, no one from the office called me that night to check in with me. Her PA and one of her nurses were extremely helpful but everybody else was plain rude and made the entire experience negative. I am seriously thinking of getting a second opinion now at another urologist which I'm sorry to say. Dr. Gerig came highly recommended by my GYN/OB but after this experience I would never refer her to anyone. I've even told my GYN about this entire experience so she never refers anyone either.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Nel E. Gerig's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)