Ratings for Dr. Hendrik Henstock

Awesome doctor! Very knowledgeable and does a thorough exam. I always go to see him when i need to get something checked.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Very satisfied with Dr. Henstock. Has helped me many times with my health issues. His staff, Nicole and Michelle are 10/10.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Very good Dr. Works hard to assist and look after his patience"s. So intellegent. Really Like Nicole, Michele and Dr. Henstock. The make a great team...

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Dr. Henstock is the best doctor I ever had. He's thorough caring and wonderful family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

HH has been our family GP for many years and his care and attention to detail with all members, healthy and not, has been a blessing.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

HH was my GP for several years. I'm surprised he is rated 4 out of 5 stars on this site. A few years ago, HH agreed to order blood tests to check me for anemia etc. because I was exhausted and I'd told him that my hemoglobin levels were low-normal before I was his patient. At my follow-up appointment, HH plunked my chart on a desk but didn't open it. He said, "Everything's fine." He didn't ask me how I was feeling and his brusqueness suggested he didn't care. "So I don't have anemia?" I asked. HH replied, "No, you're fine." He seemed irritated that I wanted more information. Mind you, he had been hostile from the minute he walked in, so I really can't say what his problem was. I asked, "So my hematology panel was normal?" HH: "Yes." By now, HH was very irritated and I was confused and concerned. I told him I had signed up for My Ehealth and had viewed my test results online, but I didn't see any hematology panel. Only then did HH do his job and open my chart. After a few seconds he said, "That's curious, we didn't run that one." Curious indeed, considering HH had indicated 3 times over that I had nothing to worry about. None of the tests he ordered could have ruled out anemia (the main purpose of ordering tests in the first place), so HH belatedly ordered the hematology panel. My results were in the normal range. I wasn't anemic, so HH's mistake did me no harm. However, his error necessitated an extra doctor's visit (at taxpayers' expense) and an extra trip to the lab. More importantly, what if I had been anemic and hadn't signed up for My Ehealth? I probably would have taken HH's word that my tests showed no anemia. I reiterate that none of the tests HH initially ordered could have ruled out anemia, but I wouldn't have known HH had failed to order the hematology panel had I not signed up for My Ehealth. HH's mistake could have harmed my health or, at the very least, left me unnecessarily debilitated for months. We all make mistakes, but the combination of his error, his reluctance to even open my chart, and his hostile attitude and lack of concern for my health on that occasion destroyed my confidence in HH as my GP. I have a chronic medical condition that resulted from an infection missed by other doctors (not HH) and was not willing to risk losing what is left of my health waiting for HH to make another mistake. On a previous occasion, he had handed me a prescription after I'd asked him for a referral to a specialist (apparently, he hadn't been paying attention to what I was saying). I have since found another GP. The only reason I didn't rate HH lower is that he was sometimes helpful and not moody. For example, he once gave me a very helpful tip for managing a chronic symptom. My poor rating of staff refers to HH's previous office, Golden Ears Family Practice, not his current office (Mageta Medical Clinic). I often went to GEFP in person to make an appointment because it was so frustrating trying to reach anyone on the phone.

Submitted July 12, 2017

I have never had a problem.He may not have the best bedside manner but I am not going there to make friends I am going to see a good Dr.As for the office staff ( Nicole) who ever said she was rude must have an issue,she is the furthest thing from rude I have ever seen

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I found the staff to be pleasant. I find Dr. Henstock to be realistic, he takes work into consideration with his diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I have struggled to find out what was going on with me for over a year, while the symptoms worsened. Dr. Henstock figured out in 5 minutes, CFS and fibromyalgia.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Was worried I had DVT and he was so thorough in checking my symptoms. I felt very confident in his diagnosis and was pleased he sent me for bloodwork just to be sure. You don't often feel secure when leaving a clinic so this was a nice change!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016