Ratings for Dr. Mark F. Baucom

Dr. Baucom may be the most gifted and compassionate physician in Atlanta, but I will never know. His front desk clerks and the office manager refused to let me complete the patient forms that they don't provide on their website unless I stood, which is painful for me b/c of severe arthritis. His office manager and the two clerks snickered at me when I told the manager I didn't believe her statement that not one of Dr. Baucom's patients had arthritis and thus trouble standing to complete the forms. The office manager then told me I was free to move one of the waiting room chairs to the clerk's desk to complete the forms. (If a person has trouble standing without pain, how could he or she move office furniture without pain?) I asked the clerks and the manager if they were familiar with the ADA but drew blank stares. The manager then challenged me on every part of the consent forms I had completed. While I had to continue standing. The manager wanted to know what my "attitude" was about, so I guess being disabled means you have an attitude. At the outset, the clerks were not rude, but they were not courteous, either. ("I need this, I need that," not "could you please give me?") The office manager took that to an entirely different level, however. My caution: don't go here if you have arthritis or rely on the ADA's protections.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Perhaps the most professional, competent Dr. and staff I have ever used. Exactly on time, answered all my questions, did not talk down to me, and Dr. Baucom even called me personally that evening to make sure I was doing ok after the procedure. Whomever rated him and the staff poorly has their head up their ass. If all doctors were like this, the world would be a better place.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I had 2 separate cosmetic procedures and 1 corrective procedure done by Dr Baucom several years ago, and the results were terrible. I've been told by plastic surgeons who agreed about the poor results that there's nothing that can be done. I returned many, many times to this doctor to try and get the surgeries repaired. Each time, he would compliment me and say how pleased he was with my results, and I would leave thinking maybe I was imagining things or being too critical. He just refused with a huge smile to acknowlege any problems. I saw 2 dermatologists and 2 plastic surgeons, and they all agreed that the work done had poor results. One of the best plastic surgeons in Atlanta said that the results looked "freaky," which is accurate, and he was sorry that nothing low risk could be done to correct the problems. Maybe he does well in dermatology - he is moes certified - but in dermatologic cosmetic surgery, he performed very poorly on me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Mark F. Baucom's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)