Ratings for Dr. Russell Newsom

Total 4 orthotics were done by this doctor over a couple of years. I received the 4th Orthotics on September 14, 2017. At the time I picked them up, I suspected something was wrong since the orthotic was very flimsy (Just fabric with heel support but No arch and No left toe support which I require). Oddly, though he noticed something was wrong, he still advised me to take the orthotics home and “try them out.” Reluctantly, I returned home and my wife and I compared all orthotics from Dr. Newsom. Once we compared them, the 4th orthotic was deplorable as I suspected; and we then also realized we did not get what we paid for with the 3rd orthotic because it had no left toe, custom support, which my first two orthotics had. It was then that I questioned his ethics as a doctor and morals as a professional. That very next day, I went back to Dr. Newsom with all 4 orthotics to question his work. He then admitted the 4th orthotic was “shabby” and that it was totally wrong. I also asked him why the 3rd orthotic was also missing the left toe support (He looked at his computer and confirmed that he may have not entered the same information for the 3rd orthotic into in the computer as the first 2 orthotics). On September 26, 2017, I returned to his office to pick up the 3rd and 4th orthotics. He only presented the new 4th orthotic and, when I asked him about the 3rd orthotic, he denied his commitment to fix the 3rd orthotic and said he didn’t have them. Conveniently, he then said he didn’t have them so how could he promise to fix them? After arguing, I decided not to take the 4th orthotic and demanded that he find the lost 3rd orthotic. After that weekend, he called and I made my 5th visit (September 29th). He then said he found the 3rd one at his home??? He said he took them home to “STUDY”??? and forgot all about it??? This pair has not been fixed and just returned it to me as is. Clearly, he had no intention of correcting his mistake for the 3rd orthotic. I have escalated as a complain to “ College of Podiatric Physicians of Alberta”. I don’t want to be dismissed because I didn’t notice the error at the time of purchase (6months ago) and the doctor not taking responsibility for his mistake by correcting his error – so that he can save on costs and his time. Mistakes always happen dealing with any service business. You never know if the person is good and trustworthy until there is a situation like this happens, and this doctor clearly doesn't take any ownership on his mistake when it occur and doesn't have any moral. Just think one more time before you make this doctor as your choice!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Great doctor with some kind of humor. He explains what you want to know and gives good advices. His secretary is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended team !!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

This guy is a quack! USELESS I DON'T know how he became a doctor BEWARE!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I felt that this doctor had a lot of knowledge, but was not interested in listening. He seemed exasperated immediately before I even spoke, and he was snapping at me within minutes of meeting him despite my best efforts to answer his questions. I don't doubt that he's knowledgeable and knows his stuff, but he is very hard to talk to. I felt like my presence was an annoyance to him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Newsom is excellent. He treats me with respect and is obviously very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I have been ot Dr Newsome a couple of times and have always left his clinic very satisfied with the treatement received. He is very thorough in examining the feet and explain the problem in great details. The receptionist is awesome!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

First visit with Dr Newsom was 30 yrs ago.I was 38,and getting crippled with what my family doctor said was gout.Because of a client of my wife's in her business,I was advised to see Dr. Newsom.He checked it out,said not gout,no joints left because of arthritis.Cut the joints off,gave me teflon inserts and work perfect to this day.Since then I've had an ingrown toenail fixed and in 2006 had a neuroma excision.Tomorrow I am phoning him to fix another ingrown toenail.He keeps me out of pain and walking.I have terrible feet.tnx Doc

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

First time going to this Podiatrist. Very unique character, comes from Texas. He said he came to Canada as we are friendlier here than in the USA. He is charming in his own way and knows what he is doing. Came in for ingrown toenail removal and he made is as painless as possible. It was nice going in as it was coming out. Will see him for future appointments.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

It's true that he is a bit of an odd duck and prefers to use more technical rather than layman's terms. However, he is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, and thorough, which is what's important, and I'm very happy with the quality and cost of my orthodics.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Excellent doctor,apointment time was exact and he did a through job,

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013