Ratings for Dr. Russell Newsom

First visit with Dr Newsom was 30 yrs ago.I was 38,and getting crippled with what my family doctor said was gout.Because of a client of my wife's in her business,I was advised to see Dr. Newsom.He checked it out,said not gout,no joints left because of arthritis.Cut the joints off,gave me teflon inserts and work perfect to this day.Since then I've had an ingrown toenail fixed and in 2006 had a neuroma excision.Tomorrow I am phoning him to fix another ingrown toenail.He keeps me out of pain and walking.I have terrible feet.tnx Doc

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

First time going to this Podiatrist. Very unique character, comes from Texas. He said he came to Canada as we are friendlier here than in the USA. He is charming in his own way and knows what he is doing. Came in for ingrown toenail removal and he made is as painless as possible. It was nice going in as it was coming out. Will see him for future appointments.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

It's true that he is a bit of an odd duck and prefers to use more technical rather than layman's terms. However, he is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, and thorough, which is what's important, and I'm very happy with the quality and cost of my orthodics.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Excellent doctor,apointment time was exact and he did a through job,

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr Newsom botched two surgeries on my fifth metatarsal 6 years ago and now I can barely walk.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Saying Dr. Newsome does not have bedside manners is being polite. I thought I was the only one he spoke to like that. I do not have another foot doctor to compare to. He seems knowledgeable so that's why I go.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Typical specialist - no bedside manner/pesonality but he does know his stuff. I have had very good orthotics made through his office.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Unlike others, I've found him friendly, engaging, and very descriptive when telling me what is going on with my feet. He gives lots of detail, but he doesn't dumb it down much, that's true. I like that though. He's very punctual and thorough and has really worked on exploring what is going on with my foot. I felt I had plenty of opportunity to ask questions and get more information. His receptionist is a real gem. I'll continue to see this doctor if I have any foot issues.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr.R.Newsome performs excellent care to the feet ,but has no bedside manners.I have been going to him for many years and will put up with his rudeness to receive excellent foot care.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Has was excellent dealing with my son and myself. Always excellent with children

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010