Ratings for Dr. Syllette N. King

I have been waiting for over 45 minutes for my appt. I was here on time. There is a creepy man setting up some type of water stand in the cornor. Have no idea what that is about. I have a dentist appt in an hour and will now need to leave this appt. Without even being seen. This is ridiculous!! Never coming back!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I am fed up with this dr. I was off birth control for 1 week because she didn't respond to my pharmacy's request after the receptionist told me to have my pharmacy send for a refill. When I went in for my exam, she refused to give me a rx for birth control, stating I had to wait until my next menstrual cycle, make another appt, and come in for a pregnancy test. I am not sexually active at the moment. When I questioned her why a pregnancy test would differ after my next menstrual cycle, she became very hostile and stated according to HIPAA guidelines, she must do a pregnancy test at the time of writing the rx for birth control, "not two weeks before, not two weeks after.." as if I'm an idiot. Well, that's funny because I know HIPAA from working in the medical field and I can't find any information supporting what she told me. She is never on time, even when you are the first appt. Once I waited for over 2 hours. I would like to file a formal complaint but I don't know how/where.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

This doctor is the most unhelpful person ever and drags things out making you come back for unnecessary appointments for the only reason I can think of is get more money from you. So at the appointments can wait 1 hour always for appointments even if there is no one in the waiting room and you are there on time. For one of my appointments I show up 10 min. early and then see the doctor walk into the building 30 min. past my appointment time!! For the follow-up visits she requires to get a simple birth control perscription you get your blood pressure takenn and have her talk at you, not to you, for 2 min. Then you end up leaving and still don't have a perscription for birth control. Even though I said I hadn't had sex in years at my first visit, she required me to come back on my period to take a pregnancy test to get a perscription. Then she gave me a sample and said I would have to come back in 6 mo. pay for another visit to get a perscription.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

I mostly saw the midwife during my pregnancy, not Dr. King, but I was very happy with the midwife service. With Dr. King, I specified that I absolutly did not want an episiotamy for the birth of my son, unless after it being clear I could not push him out on my own. She gave me one off the back anyways, my son was very small when he was born, I would not have even required an episiotomy, and it caused me to have a 4th degree tear that took 4 months to heal!! Glad she isn't practicing OB anymore. Also, after she put my IUD in she says "uh oh. I cut the strings too short. Oh well. We will worry about that when it's time for it to come out" WTF!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

I found this Dr. to be chilly and rough in her examinations. I would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

I went to Dr. King through a recommendation of a friend who had Dr. King deliver her baby years ago. When I went for my annual pap smear, she said everything was fine even after I had commented to her about a burning sensation I was experiencing. A couple of months later, I went back for the same burning sensation only for her to finally test me for STD's as she said that would be the only likely cause. All tests came back negative yet I still had the burning sensation. She did not follow up at all and was curt when asked about it. Yet when I asked Dr. King about her medical spa services, her demeanor completely changed! She was attentive, knowledgeable and personable. Seems to me that she was more interested in selling spa services than in being a good gynecologist.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

I scheduled a new patient appt. with this dr. even after previously reading these reviews. I figured she could not be that bad and her office is approx. 5 min. from my house. I will never, ever return to her offc. Her staff is unfriendly and so is she. Most demeaning drs. experience ever.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Dr. King was incredibly unprofessional and downright rude. I, as I'm sure many other women, expect sensitivity and gentleness from a gynecologist and she does not possess a trace of either of these characteristics. From her abrupt and rough handling during my annual checkup to her curt dismissal, I left her office feeling disgusted that such a woman would be allowed to practice gynecology.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

This woman is a ****. She LOVES to perform c/s at the drop of a hat, so it's a good thing she is no longer practicing OB. She is rude, unhelpful and dispenses unsolicited inappropriate breastfeeding advice. Steer clear.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

I started using Dr. King when I first moved to Orlando 5 years ago. At first I wasn't exactly thrilled with her or her staff but then when I got pregnant and really got to know her she was a very caring and compassionate doctor. I had a high-risk pregnancy and she got me in for tests ASAP even when they told her it would be a day or 2, she pushed for the same day. I had an abnormal pap during and after my pregnancy which came back high for severe abnormal cells and she took the time to go over everything with me & my husband before she did the procedure. She isn't always the friendliest, and her wait time could be long but she knows what she is doing. It broke my heart when I found out she lost her daughter, can you blame her for not being able to deliver other babies!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Syllette N. King's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1991)

UnitedHealthcare