Ratings for Dr. Emilia C. Eiras

My wife was running high fevers for a week at a time for most of the winter. She was tested for everything from the common cold to lymphoma and MS. Eventually an infectious disease doctor told her she had Lyme. He put her on a three week regimen of antiobiotics and told her she was better, despite the fact that she still could t walk, was shaking uncontrollably, and had extreme short term memory loss and confusion. We waited a few weeks, like thebID advised, with no improvement. When we called back, the ID told her she was imagining the symptoms (again, she couldn't walk and was shaking uncontrollably). Dr. Eiras spent over an hour with my wife, conducting tests and reviewing her medical history. We concluded she had had Lyme for well over a decade - Dr Eiras prescribed two medications and a large amount of holistic remedies and supplements. It's only been two weeks since our visit, but my wife has seen more continuous good days than on the other treatments. Perhaps more encouraging was the fact that Dr Eiras believed my wife and took her symptoms seriously. While the staff is not fantastic and the $200 down payment policy is contrary to the written policies, this inconvenience is easily overlooked by the doctor's attention.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I had my first visit with Dr. Eiras today and I am so optimistic. I've been sick for almost three years now so this has been a long time coming. I've lost 50 pounds in 5 months without trying and been admitted to the hospital 25 times; always released with no answers. I'm so grateful to God that my husband and I decided to make this visit a top priority. Expensive? Yes but my health and peace of mind are priceless.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Walked out after waiting over an hour for my appointment. No one from the staff had the courtesy to apologize or to tell me it would be this long. But they were sure to have me sign papers that if I was late or missed an appointment I would be charged. They should pay me for missing time from work.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

After years and years of undiagnosed Lyme and then two years of antibiotics (including 5 months of IV) I found Dr. Eiras. Her methods for doing certain things may seem strange...but they work. Though I have a long road ahead I feel so much better than I have in the last 7 years. No, she doesn't take insurance but I doubt you'll find any great LLMD that works both holistically and with modern medicine that does. And that combination is what you need! To all those looking to feel better, I highly recommend Dr. Eiras. And to all my fellow lymies, good luck!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Excellent doctor that treated me for Lyme after 3 1/2 years of every doctor telling me it was all in my head

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Not terribly knowledgeable. Once tried to tell me the uterus doesn't give off hormones. She'll say a prescription medicine doesn't have side effects and later I'll discover it has a slew of them. She's a bit too loose with prescription pad. Got me hooked on pain killers, then years later decides not to be involved with pain management and left me to find for myself.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

doctor definitely helps herself too. expect $350 for your first visit. a non-refundable $200 fee is required paid with credit card before they will even schedule you. then, at time of visit you have to pay $150 plus about $200 for blood tests, and if you need any injections they are extra. they are not "in network" with any insurance companies, and they don't seem to want anything to do with them. expect to wait to see the doctor 3 weeks. all this as of March 2013... i know it is still a business and everyone needs money, but i guess i am just surprised, i was expecting they more concerned about helping people and less concerned about making money.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I saw Dr Eiras after another LLMD told me i was fine following 4 week of treatment. I knew I wasnt fine because i still had all the same symptoms. Dr Eiras took her time, suggested some tests and supplements and is going to treat me with a different antibiotic protocol. I felt confident that she knew her stuff and that i might actually get better! Her staff is nice, the wait was a little long (brought work to do) but she took her time with me. I would not go to any other doc for treatment of Lyme. She doesnt rely only on lab results and makes a treatment decision based on clinical findings too.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Dr. Eiras is an amazing doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable about Lyme and constantly is keeping up with anything new. She is the only one that helped me after years of being told nothing was wrong with me. I travel over 2 hours each way to see her and have done so since 1997. She listens to her patients and knows exactly what you are going thru. She is a very rare doctor. Dr. Eiras is more interested in helping you than any doctor I have ever been to. At times there may be an hour wait, maybe more, but it is worth it because when she is with you, she takes her time and doesn't rush you out. I don't mind the wait because I know when she gets to me, that she will give me her undivided attention. I would recommend Dr. Eiras to anyone and I have sent many people to her practice.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Dr. Eiras is probably the best lyme doctor in the tri state area. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks and was told that I shouldn't be that sick. The hospital refused to treat me further and suggested I go to a mental hospital for further treatment. I was not responding to their treatment. I finally found Dr. Eiras and within 6 months I was almost back to my good old self again. I had had trouble walking and the weakness was overwhelming. Dr. Eiras suggested other holistic modalities along with the antibiotic treatment that really helped me recover. I went back to work and have an active fulfilling life again. THANK YOU DR. EIRAS. Her daughters and her sister in law who is her nurse are wonderful and give off a real family atmosphere. I feel very comfortable going to see Dr. Eiras.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

Dr. Emilia C. Eiras's Credentials

• Univ De Salamanca, Fac De Med, Salamanca, Spain (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Jackson, NJ