Ratings for Dr. Frederick Bray

Doctor Bray and staff were as helpful as always. I hadn't seen Doctor Bray for years as my Crohns disease was in remission. I'm Happy to report it is still all clear. One nurse that went out of her way to make me feel comfortable was Rose. Her bedside manner and attitude help me a great deal. Keep up the great work Doctor Bray, staff and Rose!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I didn't see Dr. Bray for years as my Chrohn's disease was in remission. Due to a recent cancer diagnosis I was sent to Dr. Bray to reconfirm an all clear scan for possible upcoming cancer treatment. He was a informative and courteous as in the pass. His staff go out of their way to make you comfortable. On this day though one nurse stood out. Her name is Grace and she stayed by my side making sure I was comfortable at all times. When it was time for me to leave she said i eill remember you ehen I'm having a bad day or not feeling well. She mentioned I was an inspiration Thank you Dr Bray, staff ans Grace. An uncomfortable situation was made bearable. Robin Mockett January 30,2017

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

My first colonoscopy. His nursing staff was great. I didn't feel like he was rushing to get me in and out of his office. No concerns, would recommend.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Doctor Bray and his nursing staff and secretary are awesome!!Best Gastroenterologist in Ottawa!!!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr. Bray and his staff were all very friendly and all took the time to answer any questions. Dr Bray was especially helpful in taking time before the procedure to explain what he was about to do and why it is important. This is the first time I have rated a Doctor and do so enthusiastically.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I would not recommend this place to anyone going in for a colonoscopy. I brought my healthy 50-year-old mother here for a standard procedure and due to lack of care, she ended up in an ambulance on the drive home and at the General Hospital for the rest of the day. The staff were all friendly and she told me Dr. Bray was very nice as well, but the clinic was 2 hours behind schedule and in turn they rushed her out following the colonoscopy without any monitoring. From what I've heard, all other colonoscopy offices have patients lay down after the procedure, give them some water and a snack, and make sure they are go to the bathroom to relieve gas before leaving the office. They did none of that at this clinic. When I was driving her home, she started to have a lot of pain in her abdomen and I had to pull over, where she consequently went unconscious and was sick all over herself. I had to call her an ambulance and she was taken in to emergency. When I called Dr. Bray's office during the whole thing, none of the staff answered the phone until my fourth attempt and then did not even offer to put the doctor on the line for me. If he cared for his patients' well-being, he would have wanted to know himself what went wrong and how he could help. The next day, the RECEPTIONIST called my mother to ask how she was doing - Dr. Bray not once took a few minutes out of his day to check up on his own patient who was in ambulatory care after his work. It is great to have good bed-side manners, but patient care goes well beyond charm. My mother was not properly taken care of under Dr. Bray's supervision and he didn't even check up on her following the scary aftermath. To anyone looking for a colonoscopy doctor, I highly recommend going somewhere else with less patients to ensure proper focus be given to your care.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Extremely narcissistic, and refuses to even acknowledge the thought of getting a second opinion from another GI dr. even though he has been unsuccessful in helping me with any of my health issues. He has taken on far too many patients which is evident from his 2 hour wait times before appointments, and that's assuming that you even get an appointment booked before next year. If your family doctor needs to refer you to a GI specialist i would ask to not be referred to his clinic. Don't let him fool you, he seems extremely charismatic on first impression, but he has a lot to work to improve in his practice.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Dr. Bray and his staff are very kind, well trained and professional. Prior to the procedure Dr. Bray took the time to explain the process in detail as well as the benefits of screening for polyps at an early stage. Following that he gave me time to ask if I had any questions or concerns. I was then lightly sedated and the procedure was over in a half an hour with virtually no discomfort. (Just a little gas afterwards which is normal). I recommend Dr. Bray and his staff very highly -- they are wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I had my first colonoscopy conducted by Dr. Bray at his Woodroffe office this week. I received a call a month in advance to reconfirm the appointment, which was extremely fortunate, as I had recorded the date incorrectly. I arrived 10 minutes prior to my scheduled appointment, and was greeted courteously by the receptionist. I was called into the procedure area promptly at the scheduled hour. Dr. Bray's attending nurse was friendly, knowledgeable and provided me with a very helpful and reassuring explanation of how the appointment would proceed and answered all of my preliminary questions. Dr. Bray gave me a detailed explanation of the procedure, and the importance of colon cancer screening. He invited questions and responded in a full, frank and professional way. The procedure was conducted and I was out of the office in exactly the timeframe anticipated. I was nervous and self-conscious about the procedure. I had no reason to be. Dr. Bray and his staff were outstanding and made a very intimate procedure, much easier to handle than I had anticipated. I'm grateful for the referral to Dr. Bray by my excellent family doctor, Dr. Lisa Moore. Thank you!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

An anxious experience made comfortable by the knowledgeable and friendly staff. I particularly liked the fact that Dr Bray took the time to illustrate and explain the procedure in detail, as well as to answer any questions I had. I would definitely recommend Dr Bray and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Frederick Bray's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Nepean, ON