Dr. Ian Gray

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ian Gray

Dr. Ian Gray is the best. I have been to tons of dentists prior to him as I have a lot of teeth issues and they could not resolve it. He fixed all of my issues. His knowledge goes beyond dentistry. He should be a specialist. I went to one of my former oral surgeons who was looking at work an endodontist had done in the past on my tooth and he asked me who performed the root canal adjacent to it and I asked why he cared to know. He said it was the best work he has ever seen done when looking at the scans and wanted to talk to Dr. Gray. I notice there is a comment where someone says that Dr. Gray will make you get work you don't need. HE WILL NOT. Everything he does is apart of sustaining your teeth. Thanks to this man I still have all mine, when I was at my wits end and about to rip some of them out. My entire family has switched to him and on more than one occasion he has come in after hours on a weekend to assist with dental emergencies. You honestly cannot find someone who loves his job more or cares for his patients more than him. And his office staff is amazing. You can't get better, trust me I've been to enough to know.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Being a nervous and picky patient I have been pleasantly surprised by the care and detailed work done by Dr. Gray and his team. The knowledge of his work and commitment to doing the best dentistry is admirable. I feel lucky to have this dental office!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Gray has been doing braces for my teenage son and the results have been amazing! He is very knowledgeable and has a knack for putting my son at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Gray and his staff :)

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Gray’s for years and will continue to be. His staff are welcoming and friendly. He takes the time to explain and answer all questions. He prioritizes a pain free and comfortable experience which for those who fear dental work, is much appreciated. I don’t know of any other health care professional who takes the time to check up on their patients in the evening after being in the office for a root canal, but Dr. Gray does this. He makes himself available to his patients in emergencies. An amazing dentist!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

The best.. Well organized office, extremely efficient, personable staff. Dr. Ian Gray himself is fantastic. . Best new patient exam I have ever had.I wish i could give 10 stars Highly recommend Dr.Gray to all

Submitted November 22, 2017

Looking for a good dentist? Then you need go no further! Dr. Ian Gray is the best dentist I have ever had and I highly recommend him.I feel pretty lucky to have someone as good as Dr.Gray tending to my dental needs, both aesthetically and hygienically. Dr.Gray and the very nice staff that work there are welcoming, and isn't hard at all to be feel comfortable in office. Dr. Gray is the best

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Great experience I have ever had at the dentist! For someone who is not a fan of the dentist I felt very comfortable and relaxed. The staff was so helpful, kind and friendly. I would definitely recommend them to all!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Best new patient exam I have ever had. He took the time to review everything and then even more time to go over anything he found. Great experience from the time I got there to the time I left. Very happy and welcoming staff. Wish I had found him sooner.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr. Gray has the best team in town, the staff are helpful, kind and always accommodating you won't find a friendlier bunch! Nice office too!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Be very careful of going to this dentist. After my own dentist retired, I was seeking a new dentist. He was highly recommended to me, so I was shocked at how I was treated. I booked an initial appointment for a quick check up and cleaning- he kept me over 3 hours, which was ridiculous, and he was rude when I asked when we would be finished as I needed to go back to work. He determined within 5 minutes that I had extensive jaw issues (this seems to be his focus for money making as suddenly everyone has a jaw problem) and that I required more than 2 years of orthodontic work. He was quite bullying and aggressive when I would not commit to anything and mentioned that I needed to check my dental plan. The worst part was in his "check up" he hurt me quite badly, bruising my jaw and its joint. I have never had a jaw issue in my life, but I did when he was finished. I went to my own doctor to be checked as it took several weeks to heal. My doctor checked me saying that "I didn't have a problem" and mentioned that "no one should diagnose like that" as it "raises alarm bells." A lovely staff, unfortunately they work in those conditions.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Ian Gray's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ian Gray studied dentistry at the University of Western Ontario, graduating in 1987, when he opened his own practice. Ian has been proudly providing excellent dentistry in Newmarket for the past 25 years. Ian has always felt it important to give back to the community. He has sponsored many local minor sports teams over the years including baseball, hockey and soccer. For 25 years, he has been instrumental in volunteering his time and expertise to the on-call service at Southlake Regional Hospital. His hospital privileges allow him to treat mentally and physically handicapped members of our community in comfort and with care. His goal is to provide the highest quality of dentistry in a relaxed caring environment. Dr. Gray is continually investing in continued education not only for himself but also for his team in order for us to provide the best care possible for each and every patient we see. He is currently training at the Kois centre in Seattle advancing his knowledge in the field of occlusion and TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders. Dr. Ian Gray lives in the Newmarket area with his wife Theresa and their five children. In his spare time he enjoys gardening, keeping fit, skiing, snowshoeing and plays hockey with a local men's league.

• English

• Westeren University (Grad. 1987)

• TMJ disorders