Ratings for Dr. Myron Schimpf

Very knowledgeable and experienced. Was very helpful to me during a very difficult time. Had me and my issues pegged within 20 minutes of meeting him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Great doctor, great person .. Very caring and more importantly very effective in his treatment ..

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

My insurance company made me see him for therapy, though nothing is happening. All he does is ask what I did the previous week and then hound me to look for a job. It is a clear case conflict of interest. Zero actual therapy.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Great Doctor. Professional and supportive. He tells it like it is . I would recommend him for sure

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Went in for marital counselling. The first session was basically a history and he asked how I felt which I responded I loved my husband but felt that my husband didn't love me anymore. He then asked my husband if he still loved me. His answer was I don't think so. So he basically ended it there knowing that our past and recent struggles included sexual molestation, 3 recent deaths in the family and we had 2 kids 3 and under. He concluded in the first session that there was nothing really to deal with if he wasn't sure he loved me anymore and if he thought he wanted out. - not impressed I would have thought sorting out some feelings and emotions would have been in order given the circumstances but the again I'm not the high paid psychologist. It is possible if we had gone to see someone else that day things might have worked out differently between my now ex and I.

Submitted June 14, 2014

I attended several sessions with Dr Schimpf. I was supported and also received constructive advice about my issues. He is a very intuitive professional who made the time for me without stereotyping an assessment. Police sciences are probably his specialty....but as an individual...we are all the same.2 thumbs up.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

High priced.....not impressed. Way too many visits with questionable results.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Great doc, extremely supportive and intuitive. If your background is policing excellent dr to see.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

Dr. Schimpf is exactly what I'm looking for. He doesn't mince words, he isn't interested in dragging your progress out to fill his calendar, he is very clear in his examples and he give you tools to succeed. Yes, he is like Dr. Phil! He's a no nonsense guy and he knows his stuff. He's not rude or mean but he lets you know when you're wrong and when you're right without being dramatic. I would recommend him for sure.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

He is a tell it like it is kind of guy. Very helpful and knowledgable. He reminds me of Dr. Phil. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2007