Ratings for Dr. Judy Masuda

I saw her for 5 years 15 years ago. I told her my menstrual cycles were very painful to the point I couldn't get out of bed. She kept prescribing pain killers only. She told me it was normal to have pain. After a year of trying to have a baby, I asked if I needed to be tested since my pain was getting worse. She said I should take birth control pills for the pain. I don't know what part of trying for a baby she didn't understand. I insisted on a referral for a gyno and he was the best doctor. I was in his office for 10 seconds and he knew exactly what was wrong by my symptoms. It was too late though, I had to have a hysterectomy and couldn't have children biologically. Dr Masuda is the worst doctor . To make matters worse, I had a car accident 2 weeks after my surgery and since she was my family dr, I had to use her for my ICBC case. My lawyer said that my doctor ruined the case for me and to file a complaint. All the advice she could give me in 5 years was don't wear an underwire bra

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Fran and Linda are amazing ! Super friendly and helpful :) they always make you feel very welcome and comfortable, Dr Masuda always runs late. I once had a 10am appointment and she didn't show up until 10:30 in office. You can typically expect to wait 30-45 minutes as is. She brushed off my concerns and never took me seriously. Was very quick to prescribe mood altering medications and then chat about recipes, family, travel, vehicles, pretty much anything else except what I was there to discuss. After being my family physician for 24 years I've switched to a walk in clinic as they provide better care for me than she does. She stated to me that I was neurotic and the sensation I was having was due to that. Almost 2 years later I am now recovering from surgery performed by a surgeon who I was referred to by the walk in clinic. There was a large mass removed from my body that was impacting my daily functioning. So no, it wasn't "in my head" like she assumed. At the walk in clinic there's no time for friendly chit chat , which I prefer, my medical issues are listened to, taken seriously and then addressed, which I think is better. I do not like saying bad things about people, but my experiences were so negative that it was impacting me in a big way and delayed treatment for a simple issue that was resolved with a quick surgery.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Our mother almost died because Dr. Masuda gave her sample drugs and told her to drink lots when she complained of dizziness. Turned out her potassium levels were dangerously low and she was not taking the sample drugs properly and was drinking way too much water for her condition. The receptionist should be getting the salary because she was a sweetheart and cared about the patients but I do not think the doctor did.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Always runs very late but otherwise I am pleased with her care. Have been seeing her for 15 years

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

My son would lightly hit is head and go unconscious when he was one. After the 3rd time we saw Dr. Masuda she said he was just clumsy. we were not happy with her opinion so saw another doctor(a pediatrician) who diagnosed him with Anoxic Reflex Seizures. In 18 months he was unconscious 10 times but we knew not to call 911 because we knew what to do. While I was pregnant I had come in for a regular check up and she discussed my cold and then wouldn't see me for pregnancy weighing and heart beat because she only saw one complaint a session. However, I did not come in for my cold and she spent most of the time telling me about the new movie Shrek 2. She also readily gave out sample medicine which turned out to be mostly expired. She also rewashed the "pee" cups rather then have them properly sterilized. Her receptionist is amazing and we only stayed as long as we did because of her.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

I went to see Dr. Masuda some years ago because I had pain and irritation in my right breast and thought it best to deal with it promptly. She seemed to think of herself as a psychoanalyst, and was determined that I was stressed out because my best friend had recently moved away. I was told to wear cotton shirts and sent on my way. A short time later I ended up with a wart on my nipple and, not wanting to see her again treated it myself with over the counter medication which was quite painful. I had another incidence with her when she was on the phone call duty and was treated very rudely after she heard my name. I would not go to see her again even in an emergency.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

amazing doctor that really cares and knows her patients

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

She was my GP for 4 years from the time I was 16. I would go in for a PAP test and she wouldn't leave the room while I undressed and settled myself. At one point, she was discussing my neg. results in the hallway and much to my dismay, a friend of my parents' was in the waiting room. When I was preg. with my son, she couldn't even be bothered to give me the test results. She had her receptionist tell me while I was in the WAITING ROOM...not even in a private room. Needless to say, I have switched and NEVER looked back.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

My wife and I went to Dr. Masuda for years and would go to see her together but I found her spending more time with my wife and would rush into my room, check my blood pressure and rush out making me feel that I got the bums rush. At one point she sent me for an X-ray for a problem in my shoulder but I never heard back from her about the exam. When I asked her about the X-Ray, she said she hadn't look at it but got the X-Ray and held it up to the ceiling light and said my shoulder was OK which it wasn't. With that, I switched Doctors. My Chiropracter later looked at the X-Ray and noted a condition in my shoulder and helped me with the problem. I haven't had a problem with my shoulder since. My wife has switched doctors as well.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007