Ratings for Dr. Ted Monchesky

I would never recommend anyone to see him. I have a heart defect, numorous open heart surgeries as a baby, 2 MIs at 18 years old, got my first pacemaker at 18 years old, ( I am now 48 yrs old). I did a sleep test on April 15, 2016. I had to cancel a consultation with Dr. Monchevsky for May 20 due to sickness. I never heard back from him (his office) after phoning them, to reschedule, over 12 times over 2 months. I always left a message on their voice mail. I NEVER got a call back, I have voice mail and there is always someone home during the daytime. The third week of June I finally got ahold of a secretary and tried to get an appointment, and she said that he only works on Fridays, for a few hours. So I said if he doesn't need to see me then I will just see my GP, the receptionist looked at the file and told me the report had not been sent to my GP yet, and that Dr. Monchesky would NEED to talk to me. Still no appointment was made because he was full. Finally August 16, 2016 I received a call for appointment for Saturday Aug.20, 2016. I saw Dr. S Sharma who told me I had serious sleep apnea with an average of 59 pauses per hour, with my blood oxygen level dropping to 65. This is very serious said Dr. Sharma, and that I should have been in the office months earlier, especially because of my cardiac health history. Thank you Dr. Monchesky for doing nothing and putting my health at risk! K. Graham

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

an excellent team and a fabulous doctor to work with

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I was a real problem, 3 other specialists thought I was making up my test results because "that couldn't be right ". The doctor set me on a regimen that has changed my life, and I've been seeing him every 6 months for the last 20 years. Listens to me, helps me understand how to deal with changing problems as we age. And I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see him in all this time.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I was refered to him by my GP. I think it was the only mistake my GP ever made with me. I found Dr. Moncheski to find everything a joke. I do not like this man and would never go back to him or recamend him to any one .

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I dont care for responses like "it works for me/I'm more educated than you" My response is that only proves your education should prove you can explain it more clearing,in lay mans term that I would understand. OLD school he should retire because this new generation has the inter net and information and questions that need answers NOT someone to worship. I have GOD for that, he is just a man and should get off his high horse before GOD knocks him off.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Monchesky for over a decade now and was referred by a family member. I have found him to be interested in my health and well being on a medical and personal level. I do feel if it was for his medical expertise I am sure I would not be writing this today. I will say it takes a while to get to know him but he is a straight from the hip guy and tells you the facts so you can understand the situation. I consider myself very blessed to have found him and have him in my corner. Of all the visits I have had over the years the last thing he always says to me is "if you need me call me"

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I first met Dr. Monchesky when I was an inpatient at Lakeridge Health Oshawa. My first impressions were not positive as he usually spoke to me from the doorway. However, as a regular office patient my view has changed. Not only is he interested in my physical health he is interested in me as a person. This may be to our mutual interest in travel,but I think it is more than that. I feel he is likely interested in treating all his patients as people, not just diseases.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Real good doctor who takes care of you. Listens and understands.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Very involved in patient care; not the least bit dismissive. Treating me for my diabetes and seems to be very knowledgable about the newest medications out there. He was quick to give me samples of anything I needed that he had because I don't have drug coverage. He seemed like he had already looked my chart over before seeing me, which was reassuring. He didn't rush me and answered all my questions, and has me coming back in a couple of months after some thorough followup tests. Very kind and very sharp - I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

When a patient comes in with a certain compalint, he does not look at all risk factors when determining what tests to order. The manner in which he treated me was inexcusable. My health & life was jeopardized as a result.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2007