You may also like

Rate Dr. Shahram S. Gholami

Dr. Shahram S. Gholami's Ratings

I am shocked by the negative remarks. My husband had a PSA of over 12 in 2007. Our family doctor gave us Doctor Gholami as a referral. He felt a hardness on one side and he ordered a biopsy. Thirteen samples were cancerous. He told us what to expect and kindly told us what our options were. I use the term Us because cancer is a family matter. My husband wanted the cancer gone. He had robotic surgery. There was a time very recently when a person could not have surgery with a Gleason 9. The biopsy and surgery were painless. My husband was back at work in a week. Every appointment I had a list of questions , and Doctor Gholami answered every one of them. He was always so kind and so accommodating. He has always told us what to expect and everything was exactly as he said it would be. He does not push surgery , he has his patients make up their own mind after telling them what their options. are.

It is eight years now since the surgery. Everything is wonderful. My husband goes in for his PSA tests. He has needed a few injections and he has not had any side effects that bother him.
The last PSA was undetectable. He is a happy healthy guy at age 67.

This physician does not need new patients. He does not rush his patients.. He has a very successful practice with many happy patients. I have heard him talking a woman out of surgery and he would never do surgery unless it was completely necessary. I did so much research on PC and I became very knowledgeable about this cancer. I also " Paid it forward" because I had many men who helped me to get educated and we became friends. My husband wanted to have me as his advocate and he did not want to even think about cancer. That worked for us.

I wish everyone well and I know that everyone is in expert hands when they see this physician.
I know with 100% certainty that my husband would not be around if it had not been for this doctors care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

he scarred me for life. I think how about how he ruined my life everyday.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. Gholami saved my life. He was efficient, thorough and took the time to explain things to my wife and me. He performed surgery in a timely manner and his help, encouragement and follow-up appointments made this experience so much easier to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2013

I had my laser surgery for a kidney stone removal with Dr. Gholami. Dr. Gholami Rocks!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2012

I have nothing but the utmost confidence in Dr Gholami. I had DaVinci Prostatectomy in Sep 09 and have had absolutely no after affects which was always so common in a prostatectomy. My life is just as it was before surgery and my checkups have all been excellent. I highly recommend Dr Gholami!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Excellent , caring doctor who really spent time with me and truly cared about my issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer following a biopsy. Dr. Gholami was very reassuring, and sympathetic, in answering all my questions and discussing all of the options. We agreed the best plan of attack would be surgery and complete removal. As nervous as I was, Dr. Gholami and his team walked me through every step, explaining what to expect, and continued to answer all my questions and concerns. The surgery went exactly as they had described and recovery was equally uneventful. Now, 18 months later, with each follow-up visit, the office staff remembers me and sincerely wants to know how I’m doing. They greet me as family and Dr. Gholami continues to spend the time during the visit to be sure my questions are fully answered. I have complete confidence in Dr. Gholami, his team and office staff, and would (and have) recommend him to anyone facing this difficult decision.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2011

Really competent and on top of the issues and latest techniques. Had da Vinci surgery in 2008. Just had latest checkup and PSA is "0". can't ask for more. Very highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Gholami is the best. Very approachable, seems to genuinely care about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Excellent Surgeon. Always answers emails. Referred to me by an exacting & demanding OBGYN. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. The months following my prostate surgery, Dr. Gholami always answered my email questions which were many. His staff such as Lynne was very helpful over the phone with regards to my questions the first month after my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362724].votes_count ]]