Ratings for Dr. Stuart D. Boyd

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I was diagnosed at age 50 with prostate cancer. Dr Boyd took his time and clearly explained the problems, the nature of my symptoms and the best options available for my case. He carefully and thoughtfully answered all of my questions and he was clear and honest about the outcomes, side effects and dangers of the surgery. The surgery was successful and I am cancer free after 11 years and my life expectancy is no different from anyone else in my age group. Dr. Boyd is an affable and friendly man; and an excellent doctor who clearly cares about his patients. The world would be a better place if all doctors were this good.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

In 2009, I was diagnosed with bladder cancer at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center while traveling. I returned to S. Cal. and was treated by Dr Boyd. I cannot say enough good things regarding Dr Boyd and the staff at USC Norris Cancer Hospital. In my experience he is on of the very best surgeons in the country, and his staff is also top notch.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Dr. Boyd sent my father a patient satisfaction survey to my mother's address roughly a year after he died. Apart from his overly optimistic prognosis, after which my father deteriorated rapidly, Dr. Boyd was arrogant, inaccessible, and made roughly $300,000 off my father's surgical procedure which left him far worse off than he had been before.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Good guy well mannered, but never did find out what was wrong with me. He said he knew what was wrong with me and gave nothing but false hope. He prescribed medicine that he guaranteed would work. I ended up going to the pharmacy and they told me I was already taking that medicine. I tried to get a hold of Dr. Stuart to ask why would he prescribe medicine I was already taking but there was no way of getting through I just got a machine. I still have the same urination problem. All I got from Dr. Stuart was a lot of Medical Bills and false hope.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

At age 79 I had a tumor in my kidney and an enlarged prostate backing urine in my kidneys. He operated and I fully recovered. At 92 I had liver failure and 30 pound weight loss and a hernia. Again he operated, with others. I am fully recovered. He was professional, considerate, and followed me in out patient care. I cannot rate him highly enough. He saved my life twice.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Dr. Stuart D. Boyd's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1975)

Commercial Insurance Company