Ratings for Dr. Michael Dyck

I hated this doctor the first few times I saw him. He challenged my diagnosis from previous psychiatrists and my own beliefs regarding my mental illness. After about four visits, I warmed up to him, and realized how knowledgeable he really is. Most other doctors have never dug as deep as he is doing.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

The negative comments on here are very very real. You do not even need to talk to this Dr....he knows everything and anything about you and more. From experience, he will go way out of his way to tell every one of your caregivers what he thinks of you and he will pretty much ruin any chances of recovery. I was literally shocked that I talked to a caregiver and after asking them if he had contacted them they said yes, by phone and by fax!!! They even said that he was given permission by myself to do this which is an outright lie if there ever was one. Personally, I think this is one evil guy that will put on a fake smile right to your face. That's okay, big pharma and psychiatry is a scam anyways...it's not a big secret. The medications were never properly tested by a third party, GSK and Pfizer get fined almost yearly for misleading or mislabeled drugs and antidepressants have been found to be barely better than a placebo. You want real help instead of side effects and band aids? See a good naturopath or learn meditation. Depression isn't from a lack of Prozac and big pharma is well aware of this. This Dr comes off as a nice person but once you see past this, you'll know what I'm talking about. The negative comments are very real.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Tries his all to help patients as best as possible.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

He is a caring and compassionate doctor and willing to listen. I appreciate him!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr.Dyck comes off as a compassionate and caring doctor. But I suggest that you get all your medical records. Correspondence between family doctor and specialists. If you have a chronic condition it is a must to have all that information in your hands. And you will learn more about your condition then they will ever tell you. And indeed you will find out what they really think of you. Sometimes you have to find a more knowledgeable doctor or someone who will take a special interest in your care. Not just be nice and fill you full of prescriptions you don't need.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

The first time I saw Dr.Dyck he didn't seem warm and compassionate. After lots of questions (about an hour) he diagnosed me with four things. I thought how could he know what "I have" in an hour of questions? I was unimpressed after this first visit. A year later I saw him again and he seemed "nicer", warmer. He was very helpful this time and answered lots of MY QUESTIONS! He was not in a rush at all and he made me feel like he cared and wanted to help me. I'd say give him a try.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I have found Dr. Dyck to be a kind,caring man who listens carefully. He is never rushed and is willing to allow you the time to make your comments before giving his opinion. I appreciate him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Very cold and callous person. Does not listen to patient. Told me I was chronically depressed and needed to learn to "live with it." Five years later and with a more knowledgeable doctor, I'm being treated for adult adhd and mild depression. Would not see this man again as he was unwilling to listen to anything I tried to say. I felt like he thought his opinion was the only one that mattered.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

This is a wise, compassionate and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2008

I have discovered this doctor definately has a lack of compassion and is very controlling. He does not stand behind the core values of which he works under.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2008