Ratings for Dr. Nate Lavens

Was impressed with him from the start with the time he took and information and options he gave. When the option was determined he informed me of any possible complications that may occur which was also very informative. Went in for Green Light Laser knowing that it may be a TURP which it turned out to be but I was prepared for that because that is what he told may occur which I was glad he did. A few weeks down the road I had a complication occur and Dr Lavens insured I was taken care of until he could arrive. He diagnosed the issue on the side of caution which I was very grateful for. Now that things are all healed I cannot believe the difference it has made in my life. Great Dr!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Amazing bedside manner. Spent a lot of time with us and answered all our questions, he is very caring and compassionate. Forever greatful to him for everything he has done and for the excellent care he continues to give to a very close family member

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Today was our first visit. Dr. Lavens "bedside manner" was extraordinary and conveyed excellent knowledge and experience with spina bifida patients which our son has. He was amazed at how we had well we had taken care of him over the years, and agreed with us to continue using D-Mannose to aid with the treatment or rather prevention of UTI.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Thank GOD that we have Dr Lavens. He and Kendra are the best team in S Alberta.He made my life good again. A personal gift was worth it.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Professional, skilled, easy to talk to, common sense. I have recommended Dr. Lavens to my friends and family ever since my first visit.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Innapropriate. Unprofessional. Rude to nurses. Poor bedside manner. Poor research. Do not recommend

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

dr lavens is the best dr I have ever seen,he is genuine,and to the point,does not beet around the bush,i have never had a dr call me at 7 oclock at night just to give me test results and save me a trip to lethbride,he is truly a great dr and person.i am very confident that I am in the rite hands.by by cancer!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Very helpful & referred me to the best help in Alberta

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Lavens since 2014. Recently a diagnosis of Penile Cancer has had me under his care since February 2017. While the diagnosis has been a life changer, Nate, Kendra and his nursing staff have been there for me all the way. The care I have received during this event has been second to none. The Alberta Health Care system could not have been any better.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I was first recommended to Dr. Lavin going on two years ago to help treat varicose veins in my groin casueing pain and a heavy dragging feeling would onset after a days work or a hot summer day. The 1st surgery a varicocelectomy, it was a complete failure and my condition got far worse after pain after work turned into chronic and random spikes of horrible pain. I was told id be back to normal in a week or two. Three weeks later still in horrible pain it cost me my new job as I took more time off than booked and I wasn't off probation yet. After a year of recovery I felt ready to try something else to help me. Seen Lavin again and the first words out his mouth are "have we met?" yes I told him you opertated on me. We decided the next course would be coil embolization which he said could be done in Calgary(where I live) by a different DR. Again one to two week recovery. Here I am four months later in the worst pain yet on various pain pills and ultrasound and MRI. The veins actually shrunk back with this one but now I have a hotcold chronic burning in my legs and groin. I went to Lavin again to get a nerve blocking injection, again he started the convo with I was trying to remember what you looked like. I understand he is a busy guy but it really made me feel devalued as a patient. It did noting for my pain and has in fact irritated everything far worse. After I was told it had no side effects I have no relief and more pain. His secretary was the only one to mention to me over the phone that it may not work. Ever time Lavin gets his hands on me my condition gets far worse. I desperately want my life back and will be seeking out someone who maybe can be bother to actually remember who I am.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017