Ratings for Dr. Nate Lavens

I have been seeing Dr Lavens since 2014. Recently a diagnosis of Penile Cancer has had me under his care since February 2017. While the diagnosis has been a life changer, Nate, Kendra and his nursing staff have been there for me all the way. The care I have received during this event has been second to none. The Alberta Health Care system could not have been any better.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I was first recommended to Dr. Lavin going on two years ago to help treat varicose veins in my groin casueing pain and a heavy dragging feeling would onset after a days work or a hot summer day. The 1st surgery a varicocelectomy, it was a complete failure and my condition got far worse after pain after work turned into chronic and random spikes of horrible pain. I was told id be back to normal in a week or two. Three weeks later still in horrible pain it cost me my new job as I took more time off than booked and I wasn't off probation yet. After a year of recovery I felt ready to try something else to help me. Seen Lavin again and the first words out his mouth are "have we met?" yes I told him you opertated on me. We decided the next course would be coil embolization which he said could be done in Calgary(where I live) by a different DR. Again one to two week recovery. Here I am four months later in the worst pain yet on various pain pills and ultrasound and MRI. The veins actually shrunk back with this one but now I have a hotcold chronic burning in my legs and groin. I went to Lavin again to get a nerve blocking injection, again he started the convo with I was trying to remember what you looked like. I understand he is a busy guy but it really made me feel devalued as a patient. It did noting for my pain and has in fact irritated everything far worse. After I was told it had no side effects I have no relief and more pain. His secretary was the only one to mention to me over the phone that it may not work. Ever time Lavin gets his hands on me my condition gets far worse. I desperately want my life back and will be seeking out someone who maybe can be bother to actually remember who I am.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Very informative and seems to truley care about you!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Someone who really cares Takes the time to listen. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Can't complain. If you need a vasectomy, your boys are safe in Dr. Lavens' very capable hands. This was my first time in the surgical suite ever. Within 20 minutes I was sitting back in my car and driving myself home to go and recover. I had zero issues post operatively. Great Urologist.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I think its probably the way its meant to be, but very little info was given out on post operative symptoms and the twinges and pains that happen after although mine weren't that bad. Its knowing what to ask, but he did inform very well on the serious problems that could arise. My best source of knowledge was friends who had it done. As awkward as this sounds, he was a very cool person and would 100% recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr. Lavens was considerate, polite and knowledgeable. He was with me from the beginning of my kidney cancer between God, him and his colleagues we got that cancer removed !

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Lavens was a great doctor, very knowledgeable, understanding, and really spent the time to ensure I was comfortable with him and with the information he was providing. I would suggest him to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

My toddler saw Dr. Lavens and he was knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner. He made the experience as pleasant as possible.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Lavens to anyone i know. When my son had issues after a circumcision i was referred to him. At the time of seeing him i was extremely worrisome. After leaving the appointment i was not only more informed but i was relieved. The knowledge he shares with you and his bed side manner in making you feel comfortable and understanding your options is beyond what i could expect. His staff was great at following up, and giving any information required. to this day i still thank him for all his help in helping my son.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015