Ratings for Dr. Jay R. Trabin

I am so torn about this review. I have been going to Dr. Trabin for 3 years. I have suffered with BV & Yeast for several years. Or I should say I think I have. I went to Dr. Trabin because I had severe dryness and aching in my private area. I was not sexually active so I did not have a fear of any STD. At first, he was extremely caring and helpful. It was his staff that I have had the most difficulty with. I expressed my concern and he did address the issue. However, it is 3 years later and a ton of money and a ton of tests and a ton of prescription and I still have no cure. I attempted to call his office and speak with him in regards to this last round of test. He nor his staff called me to tell me the results (not the first time) I got a text from my pharmacy telling me yet another prescription was filled. I had no idea what it was for or why. So I called and I got oh I tried calling you. I asked for him to call me. I was concerned because they also did blood work that came out completely different then the blood work I had done the week before during my annual wellness physical. My GP said my results were fine and yet the results that Dr. Trabin ran were excessively high calcium and potassium in my blood. The Dr. said I had yeast but the results came out negative. I've called the office twice asking for him to return my call and still no call. Again, I am torn on this review. I am so unhappy with the service from his staff and always have been. I believe they are not capable of handling tests and therefore wrong results are given. I am also unhappy with the fact that I have spent so much money and still have no answer. If you can't help just say so, stop throwing medications that cost $1200 my way. I can't afford it and it hasn't cured anything but has caused so much other damage. At one point I was prescribed an antibiotic and then called 4 days later to stop taking it. My stomach was so upset and I couldn't eat and was constantly in the bathroom. I am over it!! The definition of insanity is banging your head against the wall and hoping for something different. After 3 years and a ton of money I am done banging my head against the wall. I hope he reads this as well as his staff. There is no other way to get through to him. His staff does not forward the messages because they know that they are at fault.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Trabin is the best Ob/Gyn there is! He is extraordinary. He takes his time to explain everything to you in detail and you don't feel rushed at all. Words can't express how grateful I am to have found him. I had been suffering with Vulvodynia for years and every other Dr misdiagnose or told it was all in my head. I have gone from being in a miserable living to enjoy life. I'm not 100 % cure but 80 % is something that I can live with. We are still trying to fix the remaining 20%. All I can say is that he is wonderful and I thank GOD to have found him after so many years.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I was very disappointed by Dr. Trabin. I had high hopes as I have had very little success with other doctors even knowing about vulvodynia. I will say that Dr. Trabin seems very knowledgeable about the disorders and does a good deal of actually testing what could be the problem. I was happy during the first appointment because he seemed to actually know disorders and information that I did not. HOWEVER, he started acting extremely inappropriately when I asked questions. Instead, explaining a condition I asked about he ridiculed me for knowing buzz words and looking on the internet. (Of course I'm going to do my own research, I'm in pain and most doctors don't know about these kinds of conditions at all!) He proceeded to get rather aggressive and scolding when I had done nothing but try to learn more about conditions that may be affecting me. Every time I asked a question he would get visibly annoyed. The diagnosis that he arrived at makes no sense for me as it doesn't explain a cause it was basically just said it was irritated, and he wouldn't try considering other possibilities or even work out what would cause me to have that irritation. I am now out about 900 dollars because he does not take ANY insurance and have a diagnosis that I don't trust and a treatment that I likewise do not trust as I know using a steroid cream can make many conditions worse, but he never explained anything about the risk/benefits to me and by the end I was too afraid to ask. If you have vulvodynia or pain in that area, and a lot of money and he's the closest specialist then I'd give him a try and hope for the best. However, if you just need to see a gyno stay away! I wouldn't put up with his egotistical demeanor unless you really need to. Also on a side note wait time was ridiculous, was there for HOURS every time! Staff was also very unprofessional, and the Dr. Trabin talked very disrespectfully toward his staff while I was there. He seems to like to treat everyone like children.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

LETS JUST SAY HE GOES THE EXTRA MILE , IN MY OPINION HE IS SUPERIOR.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Trabin ! I had chronic vaginitis (severe yeast infections) for nearly 10 years; causing so much irritation and pain. It had gotten so bad sometimes (that with all my Google researching) I thought I had herpes. I tried everything; over the counter pills and creams, at home remedies - I would just sit in a shallow tub of warm water and soothing colloidal oatmeal crying because of the pain. Clearly, no doctor or nurse practitioner could help me with the severity of this; that is until I met Dr. Trabin ! I nearly cried when I first met him because he made a promise to me; that he would make me not 80% better, but 100% better. And he did ! I couldn't believe it. I was skeptical at first because I was uncomfortable/shy to have a male doctor again (bad prior experiences) - but I am so happy I met this man. He listens, he doesn't just rush you through the visit, he makes it very comfortable, he is funny and most importantly, HE CARES ! I have no switched to him for my yearly check ups as well. If I could give him 10 stars, I would. :)

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I went to Dr. Trabin at his office at Cleveland Clinic Florida for a vaginal infection. Cleveland clinic said that infections are one of his specialties. My regular gyn could not clear it up for a year. Dr. Trabin's treatment did and I found him interested in me as a whole patient, not just for GYN. I stopped going to my usual GYN and continued to see him for annual checkups. I really did not like my experience with Cleveland Clinic, however and am thinking about traveling an hour to see him in his West Palm office. I really have to say that for years I have not found a doctor who actually seemed interested in my total health and is so knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. Trabin was amazing. For the last 2 years I had been very ill and after so many doctors and so much money later, I found him. He listened and actually worked with me to find the source of my ailment. His staff is just as amazing and patient. He also has an office in West Palm, Fl. He mainly specializes on the vulva area but he also does a full Gyn work up. For anyone put there that is suffering from LS or anything related to the vulva area he truly will find you some kind of resolution.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Trabin is the best Ob/Gyn there is! He is amazing. He takes his time to explain everything to you in detail and you don't feel rushed at all. Words can't express how grateful I am to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

This doctor is the kindest, most compassionate caring human being. He tuly takes time with each patient and his staff is the same. What a blessing when I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

The staff is always rude. Dr. Trabin always makes you schedule an office visit even to have a prescription filled in order to bill you for an office visit. Always late for appointments. Gives no consideration for your personal life situations. Bills for everything even on a rescheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. Jay R. Trabin's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Palm Beach, FL