Ratings for Dr. Jean Davidson

Dr. Davidson has successfully performed 2 very tricky surgeries on me and that have a high rate of post operative facial paralysis. I have no paralysis whatsoever, you cannot see that she peeled pack both sides of my face now AND she balanced off both sides and minimized my jowls! Her surgical skill the second time saved a huge nerve branch, leaving me with far less numbness. She is not only a gifted surgeon , she is also an excellent communicator. She details the procedure in terms the patient can understand without a degree and is clear on all of the potential risks and ramifications. But what truly distinguishes her from some of her fellow surgeons and with all due respect, she has a superior bedside manner. She is compassionate and personable, which inspires confidence and provides comfort. A dear friend has just been diagnosed with an aggressive growth on her Thyroid and I am going to move heaven and earth to try to have Dr. Davidson so her surgery before she retires. I have entrusted her twice and she over delivered!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

She is a terrible doctor! Save your time and see someone else!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I am so grateful that god put me in the hands of Dr. Davidson. I was required to take out my thyroid, and had surgery done. She did an unbelievably amazing job. Hardly any swelling or complications. I am forever grateful for her. She is helpful, and makes sure you understand your situation. She made me feel very comfortable and eased my fear. On behalf of my family and I, I would like to thank her from the bottom of our hearts. I owe so much to her. God bless her.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Davidson -- both on my thyroid -- and a number of office visits. I found her at all times, informative, knowledgeable, and engaged.. She really knows her stuff and I very much appreciate her skill -- my thyroid issue was messy but resolved by her surgeries (and I was left with barely visible scarring).

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I was sent to Dr. Davidson when I was diagnosed with a very large mass on my right lobe of my thyroid. After having 2 thorough biopsies it was decided to have a partial removal. This was on her advice due to my age and profession. Every 3 month's I have a ultrasound to see how thing's are. Unfortunately my left lobe has 3 growth's and will have to be removed. Understanding that the full removal is tricky with my Crohns, I only wish she had listened when I begged while on the operating table to take it all. However this Dr is so talented and you can't barely see my scar and once she gets to know you she lightens up a tad. Whenever I see another physician they call her world renowned. 3 of my friend's have seen her and my own family doctor sends his family to her. If you want a competent, skilled, straight shooter this is the physician you want! Have placed my life in her hands once before and will have no problem trusting her again.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

One of the best physician interactions I have had - Dr Davidson is on time and still spends enough time with you.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Davidson, remove half my thyroid last week and the results were perfect. She did an amzaing job and I was back to work in 5 days. It was done at Women's College, I would have perferred Sunnybrook however, I am so greatful that I was fortunate enough to be referred to her. She is a very skilled doctor and you could image everything that could have gone wrong and did not. thank you Joanne G

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I would like to thank Dr.Davidson and staff. It is very difficult experience, when you face the necessity of the surgery, and when my mother came to this point we met Dr. Davidson - her diagnosis, problem solving, knowledge - were perfect. She made this all process as easy and smooth as possible. It was great experience to meet with such a doctor and a nice pleasure! I advice her to everyone. She is very professional as a doctor and very kind as a person.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Terrible doctor who really needs to reconsider being a practicing physician, let alone a specialist. Like the person below me, I was dismissed instantly as being crazy when I showed up with a large lymph node. I was made out to be delusional and sent home. Decided to get a second opinion and ended being diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Strongly don't recommend this doctor if you want real medical care with real answers for your issue. She is rude, demeaning of patients, refuses to include the patients family in the care of the patient, and not helpful at all. Glad that I'm finally getting the right treatment!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I can't imagine people such as Dr. Davidson calling themself a Doctor. I drove 3 1/2 hrs. one way to see her, under the referral of another Specialist, and in less than 5 minutes I was left sitting in my wheel chair in her room, wondering what happened. She totally walked out on me. She told me she wasn't the type of Dr. who could help me, yet the referral to see her was from someone she worked with. None of this makes sense. I have collapsed vocal cords. She made me feel lower than her. I'd certainly not recommend her for anyone!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013