Ratings for Dr. Sharon C. Amaya

Dr Amaya is very very good. I had trouble with rapid breathing and went to my OB (was 11 weeks pregnant at the time) and she said she couldn't find anything wrong with me. I went to my GP-again after x-rays of my chest and breathing 130 bpm he still said he couldnt find anything wrong. That night my breathing got so bad i was scared I was dying. I went to the ER and Dr Amaya did another x-ray and 20 minutes later came in with another doctor and said I had a collapsed lung and I needed a chest tube right away. Since I was pregnant I was 'high risk' she thought it best to send me by ambulance to Cobb so a Thorasic surgeon could insert the tube and do my follow up care. My OB's office was also practicing at Cobb. She was very caring and just kept telling me how sorry she was no one found out what was going on and how sorry she was that I had suffered like that for 3 days. She is very good at her job. I too wish she was private practice!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

A brilliant diagnostician with a caring and postive attitude. She saw me for a kidney stone, and throughout the whole process, I felt - listened to - with no "tuning out" and with eye contact all the way. Hopefully those of you reading this will never need an ER doc, but if you do, and she's on duty, rest assured you (or your loved one) will receive superior care from this outstanding doctor. My only regret is that she isn't in private practice!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

Dr. Sharon C. Amaya's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Dallas, GA