Ratings for Dr. R. Lee

Can’t say enough nice things about Dr Lee. I fought with doctors for years over an old fracture. I was always told I had tennis elbow and they’d send me away with drugs. Dr Lee actually took the time to listen to me. Sent me for an mri which was inconclusive, then instead of writing me off, sent me for a bone scan. FINALLY after 8 years of pain, he figured out my elbow was still broken! He referred me to the best elbow surgeon who eventually replaced my elbow. I had another setback with that arm, he was unsure as to what the issue was but sent me to an occupational therapist who knew exactly what the problem was. Just had the other Surgery to repair that issue and I’m so excited to get my life back!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

Very arrogant and impolite barks orders "Stand up", sit, put your chin to your knee etc Doesn't really listen and just recommend a brace like all the other reviews said told me to come back in a month...no thanks

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Too rushed; he could be knowledgeable but it feels like he is trying to end the visit as soon as possible. Does very minimal testing and usually just sends you straight to physio.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Recently visited with an interior right knee issue from a soccer injury. He continually spoke over me as I was explaining how I was injured and the symptoms I had/was experiencing. When physically examining me, he performed 2 very quick tests and diagnosed me within 2 minutes of walking into the room. I have been in multiple doctor offices for a variety of injuries over the years (including the same knee) and have never been so rushed and quickly turned away before (not without prescribing a custom knee brace and physiotherapy). I even had to ask prior to leaving the examination room to have an MRI scheduled to determine the extent of the damage. Seeking a second opinion as, like other reviews, I feel as though he is in it for the $$.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Met with Dr. Lee for hip pain. He was able to tell me what was up within minutes, and was very kind. Spent more time with me than he had to, and took time to make referrals that he thought were helpful. Was awesome.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

he didn't know a thing about my injury and he was always rude when I saw him

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I was first a patient of Dr Lee's at age 13, and again at age 30. He went through my options (surgical and non) and made well thought out recommendations that were best for me. He was friendly and professional and came up with a plan to keep me active in my sport.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I don't have enough good things to say about Dr. Lee. I was misdiagnosed in emerg and saw him 4 days after my injury. He was up front about what he thought it was, but said we wouldn't know for sure without an MRI. I just saw him again today where I found out I tore my ACL. He was understanding, clearly explained all my options, and did a fantastic job with my consult. To all the people who just want meds, surgery, and a quick fix, you won't get that from any doctor worth his salt. I've had nothing but good experiences with Dr Lee and would recommend him to anybody!! Also I saw him alone without a family member and he was perfectly pleasant to me :)

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

He would show up 1-2hr late to my appointments or not at all and not even apologize, let alone have an appropriate conversation with me about my injuries. His daughters went to my school, so he would talk about the older one (in my grade) and disapprove of my future life plans. The one day I went to leave when he was 2 hours late and was told I would be billed for the appointment he didn't even bother showing up to. The front desk staff were noticeably uncomfortable telling me this as they knew that was unacceptable. I had just finished attending physio for previous injuries when I fell while running during a race (foot caught in a root while running downhill). I immediately went back to physio and my therapist told me to go see Dr Lee. He said it was nothing more than an ankle sprain and to wrap it up in tensor bandage, use crutches for two weeks, then walk normally again without even examining it. Convinced I broke something, as I had heard some gnarly sounds during the fall, I talked to my physiotherapist - who had noticed my ankle wasn't responding well to the treatment (and my foot was black from bruising). She asked him to send me for more testing. Turns out I had multiple stress fractures to my lower leg and foot (including being dangerously close to having a Potts fracture), a torn hip flexor and a sacroiliac joint injury. He had me walking on all of this....and then got upset with me for going to the therapist about my injury questions and concerns.. Very unhappy with his treatment. Will never see him again. He seems to act in a rude manor to those who come to see him alone, without the backup of a friend or family member..

Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr Lee is awesome. Seeing him for treatment post concussion , really knows his stuff, listens to you, hes very thorough, but also very realistic which I appreciate. At first I saw a normal physician for my concussion, who was basically totally useless besides telling me to rest. Dr Lee on the other hand is very helpful and knowledgeable in giving me a timeline and a guideline to follow for return to activity and as an athlete that wants to be doing what I love, that is vital . Really impressive experience with Dr Lee and Waterloo sports medicine.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015