Ratings for Dr. Angus McLean

Found him to be very condescending. Not very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been to emerg twice in the last 5 days I can't breathe, have severe asthma one of the other drs on my second visit kept me on the heart and oxygen monitor all night after diagnosing me with pneumonia...dr McLean came in this morning and told me it's just the flu and I am not getting any treatment....he is an moron and I wonder how he got his license to become a Dr I have been on life support twice because of pneumonia and if I end up there again this time I will be suing him for negligence causing harm....he should be fired for mis treatment of patients...nurses on the other hand are awesome and will advocate the best they can on your behalf.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

This man is nothing short of a rude and ignorant buffoon. I have to wonder if he got his medical licence in a lucky dip. Overbearing and obnoxious, negligent and uncaring. What a pity that that he is an ER doctor. The person responsible for making immediate life and death decisions. How many people have faired worse or died because of this fool. Perhaps it should be looked into.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I went into the ER after calling 811 and having them suggest I do so. I suffer from severe anxiety and OCD; I was told to go in because it was believe I have having a bad reaction to antibiotics I was on for a sinus infection. I was extremely upset, and confused and in a trance like state. When the doctor came in my boyfriend explained everything that was happening he said "everyone gets upset" he then told my boyfriend "maybe she wasn't responding to you because she was mad at you" he basically shrugged off the entire situation and said it happens to everyone! He giggled and said " I really don't think there is anything we can do for you here in the er." He made me feel so stupid that if I had have been suicidal that would have been my last day here on earth.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

I have seen Dr. McLean 3 times over the past 7 years in Emergency at VRH and each and every time he has been rude, unhelpful, judgemental, arrogant, and unknowledgable! I have never had a good experience with this doctor and would avoid him at all costs!!! When my daughter was a toddler, she fell off a swing on her neck and was taken by ambulance to the hospital wearing a neckbrace for fear she had hurt her neck. At the hospital, Dr.Mclean had her get up and never even looked at her neck and said she was fine and sent her home! He said I worried too much. When I was taken there by ambulance for a perforated appendix and needed emergency surgery, it took over 12 hours to be seen and after Dr. McLean did a CT scan he said to me "do you still have your appendix?" After I said yes, he said "well, not for long!" And that is how I was informed of my diagnosis! I was scared and in a lot of pain and his bedside manner was horrible! Not impressed!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

I'm not one to speak badly of people, but the experience I had with Dr. McLean was beyond awful. When I was 22 weeks pregnant with my first child, I ended up in the ER because I was having intense pain in my right side. Dr. McLean was on call. Dr. McLean first checked my baby with and ultrasound and baby looked fine. He then said he needed to check my cervix, and when he did, I was horrified. He was extremely rough and caused me to bleed a lot. He then declared that he could not find my cervix, that I was in premature labor and then proceeded to leave the room, leaving me by myself to be scared out of my mind. After being transferred to L&D I learned that I should have been sent there to begin with and that he shouldn't have even touched me.I ended up diagnosed with kidney stones/blockage and was not in labor at all. The fact that he had absolutely NO IDEA what he was doing or looking for could have put me into labor. I am terrified to step foot in the ER again if he is the DR on call.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

I can not believe this man is still a Doctor. I know we have a shortage of Doctors but, I would go without then to have a Doctor like Dr. Mclean.Anyone who forms their treatment on the way they judge you for whatever reason should not be a Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Dr. McLean treated me with dignity, respect and compassion. He explained things well and informed me of all steps of his course of action. I'm surprised to read such negativity about him. I would have no hesitation seeing him again. I thought he was very kind and a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I broke my foot last January, waited 6 hours to see a doctor only to have him get me an x-ray and tell me to walk it off within 30 seconds of seeing me. All he wanted to do was leave and left me helpless in the exam room after he left. I ended up hopping out of the room with people staring at my in disbelief and actually took 10 months for my foot to heal due to his unrealistic and inconsiderate phrasing of my break and telling me to walk it off when I should have been put in a cast and healed within 2 months. My boyfriend was also in to see him tonight, saw him for about a minute and was just dismissed and told to take advil for his sickness. He doesn't seem to like his job and has a definite lack of personality and compassion. He treats you as if you are faking your issue or you are just being plain stupid about it.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

very unkind. terrible service we had. not very respectful, and didnt seem to know what he was talking about.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010