Ratings for Dr. Angus McLean

When I think of the healthcare crisis Nova Scotia is facing right now, this man is the poster-child for it. Absolutely disgraceful. I will never see him again and if I have to wait 18 hours to see a different doctor, I will. Do not trust your life in this mans hands.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Rude rude rude rude rude rude rude rude rude rude

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I can’t believe what I have read about this Dr. & he is still at the ER as a Dr. - he should be rated 0! I just hope to heavens if I endied up in ER I would ‘t be faced having him - he is an abuser!!! So sad......The nurses must see what he is doing....why in the world wojldn’t they report hi .

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Very rude.. Does NOT know what he's doing. Shouldn't be a doctor!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I don't typically complain but Munson has had multiple ear infections as a toddler and I am knowledgeable enough to know if they go untreated for to long can cause damage to hearing my son was with a high fever for two days tylonol was not helping and he was verbally telling me his one ear was hurting bad he's 3. Doctor checked his ears so fast I'm shocked he could even see anything didn't listen to his chest didn't feel.his swollen glands or check his temp again told me to.go get pain drops at drug store and keep and eye went back in about 10 hours later because I knew my child had a significant infection and hoped to see another doctor I thankfully got an amazing caring doctor that played with my sick little guy and said his infection was so bad he had begun oozing from his eyes and whichever doctor had seen him previously clearly couldn't see because there was no way it had got that bad in just ten hours. He should have been given medication as soon as he had come in. Additionally i have now had an aunt who has has suffered a stroke took her by ambulance due to speech loss and dropping eye followed by a bad migraine ambulance staff told husband she lo9ked like she has suffered a stroke after holding up two fingers and asking her how many fingers do I have up no further testing was done she was sent home after having more complications and seeing her family doctors was immediately sent back to.doctors and had found she had suffered two.strokes loss of speech and confusion horrible doctor who should not be working in are ER or any hospital.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I was taken by EMS to VRH for chest pain & Afib. The on call Doc treated me appropriately & kept me all night so I could see a specialist in the morning. When Dr. McLean came on shift that morning, he stood in the doorway of my stall & said, you can leave, you have your own specialist in Halifax, go see them. I was floored, he never checked me over to ensure I was OK, nothing. He totally did the opposite of what the Doctor who had been treating me for 10 hours wanted done. He is a poor excuse for a doctor & VRH should be ashamed of themselves for keeping him on.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Monday, March 20th, 2018. taking to VRH by ambulance. Student Dr working under Dr MacLeod came in. Information was given. Sever pain on right side. Student leaves. 1 1/2 hrs later Dr MacLeod comes in and first thing he say's, "don't appreciate you swearing at nurse", Tried to say it never happened and he shut me right down. Then proceeds to tell me that he will not be giving me any narcotics and to go to family Dr for pain management treatment. He is an emergency doctor and he will not be giving me anything. Tried to explain again and was told to go home. (No blood work done. No urine sample testing...nothing) Had to return very next day because pain was terrible. Had blood work done and urine test and emergency surgery for an appendectomy. Dr MacLeod made me feel like I was a drug addict. He is very judgmental and rude as heck...Word of mouth goes a long way and I will be telling anyone who will listen. He needs to remember why he became a doctor and stop judging... he should be fired for mistreatment of patients.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr Angus McLean recently saw a relative in Emergency. He told her to go home. Next day her Family GP sent her directly back to Emerg. MRI confirmed strokes. Negligent at its Best

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Found him to be very condescending. Not very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been to emerg twice in the last 5 days I can't breathe, have severe asthma one of the other drs on my second visit kept me on the heart and oxygen monitor all night after diagnosing me with pneumonia...dr McLean came in this morning and told me it's just the flu and I am not getting any treatment....he is an moron and I wonder how he got his license to become a Dr I have been on life support twice because of pneumonia and if I end up there again this time I will be suing him for negligence causing harm....he should be fired for mis treatment of patients...nurses on the other hand are awesome and will advocate the best they can on your behalf.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017