Ratings for Dr. Nicole M. Charbonnet

Dr. Nicole Charbonnet is direct and intelligent. I need that from a doctor. She is knowledgeable and gentle.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Charbonnet for about five years. I have found her to be adequate during this time. The response time regarding test results was the only major issue I incurred during this time. I have felt rushed at times, but that may just be her personality type so I don't think it has anything to do with her ability to practice as she has always been thorough while conducting exams and procedures. After recently becoming pregnant with my first child, I did decide to switch to another physician, as I am just looking for a different type of bedside manner. I would recommend her to anyone with a normal medical history and needs a GYN for routine visits. Also, the convenient location of her office does make appointment visits easier.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Absolutely atrocious. She ordered tests that she would not explain to me, never took the time to call me to explain the results, and would not answer my questions about what could be causing it. Her office seems convenient, but it's not worth it.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Charbonnet was very rude and rushed. I had questions about my blood pressure and she told me 'I needed a chart' and 'go see a PCP'. I saw a PCP the next week, but had some questions about my birth control as I had been having some spotting. After a game of telephone that went on for a few days her nurse called and told me to stop taking my birth control until my blood pressure was under control. I had seen a PCP and was on medication, I explained that and asked if she could call me b/c I think there was a misunderstanding. She wouldn't and they wanted to schedule me so we could 'talk it out'. I scheduled with my old OB/GYN, she is further away but worth every minute of the drive. Never again.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Didn't even make it in for appt. Exams are very hard for me, as someone who has suffered trauma in the past, so I require Ativan to get through exams - and my husband goes with me. I'm new to this state, so called to ask if I should come in to meet her first as I'd never expect a prescription w/out meeting me first (even though it's only for 2 pills) - or if they preferred I should get the prescription from my primary care doctor instead. I was told (twice - as I had to double-check to clarify because I figured it HAD to be a misunderstanding) that the doctor wouldn't perform an exam with me taking a sedative as it "wasn't like it invasive, like a biopsy" and "just wasn't necessary" and that I could come in to meet to see if she'd be willing to give an exam while I was "out of it." They were SO dismissive and insensitive. It was stunning. So yeah - I'm RUNNING the other way. And only now seeing these comments (she was a referral from another Ochsner doctor, who I'm also ditching now). YIKES.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Its like she has no people skills , and she is so rough, I changed to another dr.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Hmmmm. I was impressed with my first appointment with dr. Charbonnet for routine care, after reading these reviews it sounds like she has an evil twin. She was pleasant with me, not rushed and seemed willing to answer question. There was no hint of rudeness.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Love Dr. Charbonnet . She is kind and compassionate ! I highly recommend her ! Celeste Boudreaux

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Charbonnet for 5 years. During this time I have also found her to be rude and very rushed. There have been occasions where I have had questions but am afraid to ask her. Her answers are always so condescending. I have stuck with her because I thought I may have been too sensitive or misread her but after reading her reviews and comparing them to my own experience I know I need to find a new doctor and she needs a new career!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Nicole M. Charbonnet's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1999)

AHC