Ratings for Dr. Rajeesh Mainra

Dr Mainra has had a huge impact on my dad's lung cancer diagnosis and treatment. He made my dad's biopsy procedure happen very quickly when he suspected his lung cancer, which helped my dad to start his treatment as early as possible. He is a very knowledgeable pulmonary specialist and a respectful ICU Doctor . He is also very professional and caring to family members. His receptionists Karen and Donna are also very pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend Dr Mainra to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

I found Dr. Mainra kind and caring. He never gave up on me until we reach the final diagnosis. No other doctor figured it out and I will forever be grateful to him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

This man saved my life! What more is there to say? He is serious, dedicated and responsive to concerns and questions. As far as I am concerned Karen at reception has been great and responsive.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

The man is manipulative, completely lacking compassion, or honesty. I thought he might prove to be pretty good until cancer was found became seriously suicidal when I could not get another doctor to take his place. He is a monster. Please stay away from this man. He is dangerous.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr Mainra was very pleasant and professional during my visit. I found him to be calm, confident and thorough, but also warm and reassuring. I feel I'm in good hands.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Highly arrogant doctor. A rather cold and distant manner (as opposed to simply professional) to match it. Gives the feeling you're lucky to be in his presence. Cramped office, reception has very poor organizational skills and they rearrange/lose your appointment times frequently. If you're looking for a caring doctor with a warm personality, keep looking.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

i find him very arrogant. His receptionist is nice.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I regret that I was refereed to him by my GP. I wish I saw this review before that time. very slow and no confinement in him self . Not only that but he is so arrogant and look down to people. !! Do Not Wast your time with time.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Several years ago I was diagnosed with a chronic lung disease by Dr, Mainra. Although I did seek a second opinion Dr., Mainra's diagnosis was confirmed. Without going to too much detail for the sake of privacy, I can confirm that his approach and that of his staff were very professional and showed competency in all aspects. I am continuing to receive good care and treament from Dr. Mainra.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Mainra works as an Intensive Care staff doctor in Lion's Gate Hospital ICU. My family had to deal with him in the ICU after a family member was critically injured. He was unprofessional beyond belief and encouraged/failed to address rotten and unsafe behavior on the part of the ICU nursing staff (especially one named Char) and social worker (who somehow thought it was appropriate to walk around in scrubs with a stethoscope). He deliberately ignored requests for a family meeting for a period of over 1 week, refused to grant access to next-of-kin with no medical justification, withheld information from the designated family spokesperson despite it being clearly authorized on the chart and having his attention drawn to it. His behavior is best summarized as completely childish - which was unnecessary, hurtful and aggravating in the context of a very sick family member. Medically, he was unprofessional and negligent. He denied any rehabilitation potential in our family member and stated flat out that she would be ventilator dependent for ever despite there being no good evidence to support this. Based on this snapshot assumption he arranged for a transfer to a long term care facility (read - a 'vegetable garden') despite the family's request to work towards an eventual transfer to a rehab centre (GF strong). In the meantime he also refused to honor family requests for specialist consultation (eg: physiatry to assess rehab potential, ophthalmology, neurology and neurosurgery to reassess their patient post brain surgery) despite clinical deterioration and unresolved medical issues. He is an inappropriate physician with a massive ego who compromised my family member's care and refused to involve or respect family member advocates. Thankfully we were able to transfer our family member to another ICU (VGH). The difference in competence and professionalism among all staff (doctors, nurses, support workers) was astonishing. 6 months later my family member is off the ventilator and walking with assistance after being accepted at GF Strong, which Mainra said was out of the question and refused to help us with. No comment on how he is as a respirologist, but he is an egotistical, terrible person and a dangerous ICU doctor who wanted to sentence my family member to a chronic vent facility just because that option involved the least amount of work. His rotten character along with that of other bad apples in LGH ICU have changed the culture and quality of care into something unrecognizable and dangerous with a reputation that other doctors and nurses at VGH and GF Strong have confirmed. Mainra is the epitome of what is the worst ICU experience imaginable. If you care about your loved one, or wish to be an advocate for their health, or just wish to be treated with respect, STAY AWAY from Lion's Gate ICU, and if it's Mainra, DON'T ACCEPT what he tells you as fact. His prime motivation is a) doing the least possible work, while b) stroking his ego. Beware.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016