You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Yvonne Buys

I have been seeing this Dr. for 10 years due to high pressures in my eyes. I was assured, after a mathematical calculation that my chances of developing glaucoma was less than 10%. Despite the fact that my eye pressures have been consistently over 20, in the rage of 20-24,25 other than once when one of my eyes measured 19, never once did this dr suggest anything to reduce the eye pressures. About 2 months ago my pressures increased further and I was told there was a change in the angle. I was placed on drops, which I couldn't tolerate. I have allergies to medications and whatever is in eye drops reacts negatively with my system. I returned after a month and was told laser treatment was necessary, we had never talked about laser treatment. I was told that the situation was urgent and agreed to the treatment. Of course she did not do the treatment, this was done by a fellow, Dr. Buys appears to hand off as much as possible to fellows. I returned a month later and the pressures are even higher!! Despite knowing and confirming I have negative reactions to medications, I was told I have to simply try to use the drops, I was further told that the drops being prescribed would in fact cause allergic reactions, but my only alternative is surgery and there are risks with surgery. This dr. has never shown an ounce of compassion, certainly with me she is cold and behaves like an automaton. I used the drops for 2 days, on the second day my sight was blurred, I had a headache, my chest was tight, when I stood up from a seared position things went momentarily black and I was nauseous. My eyes felt like burning coals had been placed on top of them. I was told I simply need to get used to the side effects?? My biggest problem is that after 10 years, seeing this dr every 7-8 months I'm now faced with an urgent situation, how does this happen, malpractice certainly seems a possibility. New staff and the new lady is nice, helpful and returns calls. A nice change from the rude assistant that was there for years.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

Her new assistant who replaces Vivian does not pick-up the phone nor does she return your calls. She is not pleasant to speak with. Referals are not getting attended to.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Assistant, Viviane, is rude and insensitive. Doctor is robotic. Assessments are good- med student does most the work. Wait times are short. But Dr Buys has no social skills (not necessary to do the job, but sure does help with each visit!). Her matter-of-fact way of interacting witb patients makes each visit less than desirable and more stressful than need be.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

In the eight years I have seen Dr. buys, for glaucoma, I have had excellent care. She answers your questions, and is punctual. She doesn't waste time in being friendly. I don't expect that. Her staff are great.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Buys provided top quality care with clarity and direction. She often arrives early to work and will see patients who do the same, and works efficiently to reduce wait times. She is very professional and did an excellent job with my surgery. i would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Dr. Yvonne Buys is a very rude, abrupt, and one of the most discourteous physicians in Toronto. patients are often already stirred , and her manners add to their stress level, she may not be a social counselor but I wish she did not act like a prison guard either. She would be my last resort for an eye issue!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I am so grateful to have been referred to Dr. Buys for my glaucoma surgery. I was put at ease and reassured with thorough explanations for each step of the process. Every member of her team (the receptionist and Dr. Gonzales) were patient, efficient, kind and professional. From my observations this courtesy was extended to all patients. I know I had the very best care available. Thank you Dr. Buys and Dr. Gonzales!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Dr. Yvonne Buys's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing this Dr. for 10 years due to high pressures in my eyes. I was assured, after a mathematical calculation that my chances of developing glauco..."

May 8, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Her new assistant who replaces Vivian does not pick-up the phone nor does she return your calls. She is not pleasant to speak with. Referals are not getting att..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Assistant, Viviane, is rude and insensitive. Doctor is robotic. Assessments are good- med student does most the work. Wait times are short. But Dr Buys has no ..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very careful assessment. Sympathetic understanding of situation for older patient. "

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic service very knowledgable very helpful & friendly - fantastic person !!! "

March 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "In the eight years I have seen Dr. buys, for glaucoma, I have had excellent care. She answers your questions, and is punctual. She doesn't waste time in being ..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buys provided top quality care with clarity and direction. She often arrives early to work and will see patients who do the same, and works efficiently to r..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She was great twenty years ago, and was most helpful in my 2nd operation, very knowledgeable, great personalty. Would recommend her any day."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yvonne Buys is a very rude, abrupt, and one of the most discourteous physicians in Toronto. patients are often already stirred , and her manners add to thei..."

October 28, 2014