Ratings for Dr. Melanie G. Harston

Amazing Doctor!!! I have never met a more compassionate, smart, caring, loving physician! My family moved to Texas over 3 yrs ago and I choose Dr Harston to be my son's pediatrician. We have been seeing her since and she sees my 14 mth old as well. She has such an amazing bedside manner and takes all the time you need to make sure all of your questions/concerns are answered! The staff is very helpful and goes over and beyond to help you. They really do care about my kids and my concerns. I wouldn't trade this office for the world! Thank you Dr. Harston and staff!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

We used this doctor for about 18 months for my 4-years daughter. And we probably did about 10 visits during this time. Most of the visits we had to wait 45-60 min. And then doctor would spend just about 5min with us. I thing this is ridiculous. Last time, when I had to wait about 45min again, I expressed my feelings. A week later I got a letter from the doctor saying "I'm discontinuing my relationship as a healthcare provider for your child due to breakdown of our physician/patient relationship". NICE! NEVER, NEVER use this doctor and CookChildren's.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

We have seen Dr. Harston since my child was 3 weeks old and she will be 10 this August (2013). We LOVE Dr. Harston!!! She has ALWAYS been caring, knowledgeable, kind and listens to her patients and their parents. We would NEVER go anywhere else!!! We were referred by a friend that's gone to her since she was 8 and she just graduated high school and dad she has to go to an adult Dr. Now. I cannot say enough positive things about her. She's always had good PA's that we've seen for sick visits if she wasn't available and have never had a problem!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

I no longer use her. Wait time routinely exceeded 45 minutes with no apology and no explanation. Doctor was frequently "not in the office," and I continually had to see another doctor or a NP. After the doctor ordered bloodwork and Xrays for my toddler there was virtually no follow-up. I had to call their office and ask questions of the nurse, who had to then ask the doctor (her partner, not Dr. Harston) and then call me back with her answer. While Harston seems to know what she's talking about, I am unimpressed with her communication skills, her office staff, and her inefficiency in managing her patient load. My new pediatrician calls back to check on my kids when they have been sick. I rarely wait more than 15 minutes. I didn't know I had it so bad until I left this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

I am taking my child there for the last time today and only because they have his records and he is sick. I wanted to a see a doctor not a nurse practitioner. They said the Dr.s do not see each other patients. In the past I have seen both doctors because one wasn't available. I told them I will go somewhere else and the girl on the phone said fine.After asking to speak to someone else, they told me I could see the other doctor but I have to pay a $19 balance as if I had been getting a bill from them. We paid $90.00 for a balance last visit and it was just a sick visit. I am very confused why we keep owing money. No customer service! The front desk has always been rude and demanded money from a claim that wasn't even run through our insurance yet. When he had a staph infection they wouldn't drain in the office they told me to squeeze it when I get home. He would up in the hospital for three days because you are not suppose to squeeze it if it isn't draining already.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Very rude staff. Terible doctor and worse nurses. For an office that should cater to children THEY ARE AWFUL with kids.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Only seen Dr. Harston On the first visit. after that I could only see the Nurse Practitioner. Also Staff is very rude. If you call you have to talk to a answering service and leave a message.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008

GREAT PEDIATRICIAN PRACTICE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO SEE A NURSE PRACTITIONER, THEY ARE GREAT. GOOD, FRIENDLY, COMPETENT STAFF. CARING, CONCERNED, TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS NEEDED FOR QUESTIONS, ETC.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

completely missed my childs nickel allergy

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008

Dr. Harston actually listens to parents' concerns and really cares about the children. Its so nice to have a doctor who believes me when I tell them something is wrong.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

Dr. Melanie G. Harston's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal