You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul T. Salo

Dr. Paul T. Salo's Ratings

I was pleased that I could get in to see Dr. Salo so quickly. Laurel, his assistant, was very helpful and it was surprising that she even phoned me on a holiday to confirm. I'm rating a 3 for helpfulness, not because there was nothing he could physically do to help, but because I expected he would have more suggestions given his field of expertise. Bedside manner aside, I really respect him and those in his profession. I can't even imagine the stress they must be under doing such complex procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2015

I was very disappointed as I had expected so much more from Dr. Salo. He was unprepared, distracted and somewhat arrogant. His assistant, Laurel, was very pleasant and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

Dr. Salo restored feeling in my hands, are relieved me of significant and chronic pain. Both he, and his wonderful assistant Laural, should be commended for working so effectively within the inadequacies of the Canadian health care system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I had to wait a year for a 6 hour spinal fusion. Since the surgery with Dr. Salo was a major life-threatening surgery I probably sent 6 or 7 faxes to Dr. Salo's office with valid questions. Dr. Salo's personal assistant took all the faxes I sent personally and when it was less than a month for. The surgery date, the assistant had my surgery canceled. When I got into an argument with her on the phone for cancelling my surgery, she asked if I was going to be around next week, and I said no (next week was Christmas and I was off to see my sister in Kelowna), Dr. Salo's assistant thought I was wasn't going to be around next week because I was going to now commit suicide because she had my surgery canceled and the day after she called the police to come to my house. After showing the police I was flying to Kelowna and not committing suicide, they quickly left my house. I have nothing good to say about Dr. Salo or his assistant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

After having an MVA IN 2005 & Suffering 5 years in pain that was increasingly worsening Dr. Salo performed a very complicated procedure on my spine. I was 11.5 hours on the O.R. Table.THANKS to Dr. Salo I am doing much better today AND of course LAUREL ,his office assistant is the very BEST.Thanks to you both. I would want no other than Dr. Salo if any of my family/children ever needed Ortho surgery. He's the BEST !!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1163368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

Awesome Dr!!! Very helpful, highly professional, the surgery was a godsend. Feeling much better now.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1163367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Thank you Laurell / DR Salo 12/12/12. DR.PAUL T SALO is AWSOME couldnt ask for a better Doctor, surgery at foothills O R #8. Rod H

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1163366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

I am working in one of the family doctor's office. Our doctor has referred the patient to Dr. Salo. In order to be responsible for the patients, family doctor is in charge of following up with the status of the referral. So I called Dr. Salo's office after their triaged wait time and I was told by his staff that "do not call for status update, we won't give you the appointment date/time." So I asked how can we make sure when the patient would be seen as well as making sure when we would be able to received a consultation letter from Dr. Salo. The staff told me: "I will let the patient inform your office." Jeez, what kind of a doctor's office that let patient plays a role like this! I think it's the clinical staff's responsibility to provide all these info to the referring doctor's office. Also, referring doctor's office has the authority to requesting the status of the referral.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

c4-c6 discectomy and fusion, simply a very good operation, expertly done. Thanks Dr. Salo

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1163364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Saved my life ! C6 C7 Fusion in 2001. Very difficult sugery and a great success.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1163363].votes_count ]]