Ratings for Dr. Paul T. Salo

Laurel was amazing and very compassionate. Dr Salo is a quiet man but exudes confidence and wisdom. He fixed a herniated disk in my back and can hardly see a scar. M. Giroux

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Not only did Dr. Salo fix my spine but by the time I actually got in for surgery I was not in a good place mentally from dealing with the never ending and unbelievable amount of pain I was in........ He truly saved my life! THANK YOU

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Went for spinal decompression surgery from Dr Salo, he was unable to help and my back is probably worse from it. He is consistently unprepared and hadn't even looked at my post-operation MRI, telling me I was "very sensitive to pain" (though the scar tissue from the surgery made the stenosis worse which was very clear from the MRI) Don't let this man go into your back, trust me. I am very surprised at all the positive reviews here. Maybe these surgeries were done in his younger days.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

I was pleased that I could get in to see Dr. Salo so quickly. Laurel, his assistant, was very helpful and it was surprising that she even phoned me on a holiday to confirm. I'm rating a 3 for helpfulness, not because there was nothing he could physically do to help, but because I expected he would have more suggestions given his field of expertise. Bedside manner aside, I really respect him and those in his profession. I can't even imagine the stress they must be under doing such complex procedures.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I was very disappointed as I had expected so much more from Dr. Salo. He was unprepared, distracted and somewhat arrogant. His assistant, Laurel, was very pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Salo restored feeling in my hands, are relieved me of significant and chronic pain. Both he, and his wonderful assistant Laural, should be commended for working so effectively within the inadequacies of the Canadian health care system.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I had to wait a year for a 6 hour spinal fusion. Since the surgery with Dr. Salo was a major life-threatening surgery I probably sent 6 or 7 faxes to Dr. Salo's office with valid questions. Dr. Salo's personal assistant took all the faxes I sent personally and when it was less than a month for. The surgery date, the assistant had my surgery canceled. When I got into an argument with her on the phone for cancelling my surgery, she asked if I was going to be around next week, and I said no (next week was Christmas and I was off to see my sister in Kelowna), Dr. Salo's assistant thought I was wasn't going to be around next week because I was going to now commit suicide because she had my surgery canceled and the day after she called the police to come to my house. After showing the police I was flying to Kelowna and not committing suicide, they quickly left my house. I have nothing good to say about Dr. Salo or his assistant.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

After having an MVA IN 2005 & Suffering 5 years in pain that was increasingly worsening Dr. Salo performed a very complicated procedure on my spine. I was 11.5 hours on the O.R. Table.THANKS to Dr. Salo I am doing much better today AND of course LAUREL ,his office assistant is the very BEST.Thanks to you both. I would want no other than Dr. Salo if any of my family/children ever needed Ortho surgery. He's the BEST !!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Awesome Dr!!! Very helpful, highly professional, the surgery was a godsend. Feeling much better now.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Thank you Laurell / DR Salo 12/12/12. DR.PAUL T SALO is AWSOME couldnt ask for a better Doctor, surgery at foothills O R #8. Rod H

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013