Ratings for Dr. Anita Lee

I found that she doesn't listen. If she refers someone she doesn't submit correct information, basically because she is reluctant to do so to begin with and does not listen. She looks for problems she can't relate to and sometimes totally ridiculous. I really question the comments below that are often submitted from the same person, to protect her. I am really surprised in a negative way, and not returned. Very disappointed. I need a real doctor. She can be pleasant, but she comes out with some very odd statements, she saw on the news, or one of these hour medical shows. I need a doctor now and don't know what to do, considering I have some serious issues that need to be tested. Very disappointed. She is not knowledgeable and I understand just stopped taking new patients, due to two doctor's passing, and working in many different clinics.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Amazing Doctor! She gets an A+ in my books. Very knowledgeable, reliable and the kindest person a patient could ask for.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I'm thrilled to have dr lee as my new family doctor. She's smart, efficient, caring and is no-nonsense. She is more on time than most doctors are in my opinion. I like her.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

This GP has relocated to a North Vancouver clinic. The clinic itself has multiple problems and is not a pleasant place with too many patients jammed into too small an area. The staff lack experience and there doesn't appear to be an office manager who could oversee and coordinate things. Two weeks after my first appointment, the medical history that I had supplied still had not been scanned to my file. Three months later the 2 referrals I had requested still had not been made! Both of them were cancer-related. Dr. Lee herself is very condescending to mature women. She will be one herself one day. She repeatedly reminds the patient that they only have 10 minutes, yet manages to run 30 minutes late for scheduled appointments. She has a tendency to dismiss symptoms as due to "anxiety." She informed me that my symptoms weren't "likely linked" and when I mentioned what I was concerned that I might have, she informed me that she'd make the diagnosis. This doctor is unprofessional and has little medical knowledge. Medicine is just a part-time job for her. If you need anything more than a band aid, go elsewhere. I left after the second appointment.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Doctor Anita Lee has been our family doctor the minute we move here in Canada which is almost 16 years now. I have reservations on who will look after me and my family especially health issues. I don't like change when it comes to people involved in our lives that's not friends and family. Although I only go to a doctor when my body says so, and when I go it means there's really something wrong that I cannot handle. Now I think she's the best doctor we had the perfect one for us. Since I saw her the first time at the Bridge clinic I didn't feel any anxiety as I do with some doctors. She makes being a doctor not a career but a vocation. With the busy schedule at the office she make sure she'll sit down for you and not consult standing up, like most doctors I've seen. I have tons of questions every time and she'll take time answering them all. She just listens and give us the care we needed. But she keeps herself at a level where we can get connected so we can both understand each other. In short the best GP ever! I'm sad for myself but happy for her on whatever it is she's going for. I still haven't found a doctor like her until now.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Anita Lee was my doctor for over 15 years. Being 51 years of age with an anxiety disorder I have had my share of doctors. I can definitely say without any hesitation that Dr. Lee is truly the most caring, knowledge doctor I have ever seen. I'm not the most punctional person and I have never had an appointment cancelled on me. Mid-Main is very understanding if you have a good reason for your tardiness. If Dr. Lee was ever late it would be because she never rushed her appointments, or she was set back by late arrivals like myself. Coming from a family of doctors it is not unusual for any doctor to look up information. They all do. Dr. Lee at least has the confidence to let you know that she has to look something up. I guess other doctors don't infront of their patients because they may come across judgemental, ignorant people. I am extremely sad that Dr. Lee has move on from being a GP . I will truly miss her and hope I one day find a GP as great as her. S. D.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

She is the best doctor to ask for advise. She looks at things positively, keep me up with encouragement, brings me back to the focus in life. She is very open, non judgmental, extremely trustworthy and loving caring for my son. I love her, can feel her true caring heart. She is a great doctor I ever had for my son and myself. She reach out to patient beyond her job duty, she feels for the patient! I hate to see her leave me in the Mid Main! I cannot trust anyone else. She inspired me to rebuild the past and move on!

Submitted December 17, 2014

I'm extremely disappointed with Dr. Anita's practises and concerned with her moral values as a professional. I went for a consultation for the 1st time with her and wished I had done more research before deciding to meet her. I'm astounded that her profile is depicted as a practitioner who cares for the elder as she definitely did not give me an impression of someone that cares. Having read the comments below, I can see why that person felt the way she did. She is a poor communicator and definitely does not come off as knowledgeable. I would highly not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I went to Dr. Lee for the last 15 years and she has progressively gotten worse and worse. First of all the clinic automatically cancels your appointment if you are 10 minutes late but I up to an hour waiting for Dr.Lee on every visit. I even tried to book my appoinments eary in the morning because how could she be behind at 8:30am right...well yes 45 minutes in fact. When you do get in she rushes you through in 5 minutes and truth be told doesn't really seem to know what she is talking about. She has literally left the office and gone and looked something up on the internet when I asked a question. When I suffered a severe miscarriage noted here she did nothing. I asked for a referral that I later found out never happened which has set me back towards getting pregnant again. I know people think she is a lovely person but I need healthcare not a friend! I would strongly suggest you find another doctor if you are considering Dr. Lee. Best advice I can give.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I got really upset to read some of the bad comments about dr. Lee as I think she is the most caring and thoughtful doctors I have ever seen (and that's been a lot). Dr. Lee always takes the time to listen to all my concerns and gives excellent advice and guidance. Dr. Lee is a fantastic doctor and a truly lovely person.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014