Ratings for Dr. Alfred R. Addington

Dr. Addington has been my doctor for 14 years. He provides excellent care for all the women in my family. He is knowledgeable and extremely cautious. My daughter was a textbook delivery. My son was a different story. I had placenta previa. The latest ultrasound suggested that a natural delivery would be safe. However, Dr. Addington felt more comfortable inducing. Thank God! When I dialated to 3 cm, I hemorrhaged. I was terrified. Dr. Addington was RIGHT THERE! I had an emergency c-section and was kissing my baby boy in approximately 15 minutes. Dr. Addington was not content that "it looked" like it would be safe. He induced me carefully and was prepared to act fast. I do not feel my son and I would have made it had Dr. Addington not been so cautious. I was dialated to 4 when I arrived to have my daughter. Had that been the case with my son.... I don't let my mind go there. My son's dr said we were very lucky. There is no other doctor I would trust more with our lives. Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Very very slow....took 1hr to complete a c-section, when most doctors would have had a sense of ugency. Also, told me I could no longer have children. I proved him wrong and have found another Dr.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr. Addington is great, he always takes time to explain things to you and ask you if you have any concerns or questions he never makes you feel like you are just another patient, he's very nice.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Dr. Alfred R. Addington's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1956)