Ratings for Dr. Britte D. Smith

Dr. Smith is really sweet, soft spoken, and very smart. But, I have hormone imbalance and she does not seem concerned at all. It causes me a lot of problems and I've been dealing with this for way too long. She told me birth control pill should help and to come back in 6 months. I waited 6 months with absolutely no relief and tell her this and she says "sometimes it takes 9 months. I'll see you for your yearly appointment in 6 months." Never helped. So there I am a whole year later and still getting no help for this and she tries another pill. Still not helping. I'm tired of waiting and having a doctor that doesn't care enough to help her patients. She rushes in and out so fast you can hardly ask questions or tell her issues. I worry that the exam isn't thorough enough by how fast she's out of there.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

She rushed through the whole appointment and left the room when I was in the middle of a question. I asked the nurse when she came in if my doctor was coming back. The nurse said she could answer my questions. Um no thank you I came to see this doctor and she could care less about my health. Worst gynecologist I have ever been to. Will never got back

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I Absolutely love Dr smith She has so much compassion for what she does and she made me feel at ease from the beginning to the end She made sure I know what was going on she is very informative I highly recommend her she is such a sweet person calm and gental I have had a better experience with her then my old obgyn . what I like about her is she does not rush and she has a warm heart

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I saw Dr. Smith for my 9 wks miscarriage and she did an internal ultrasound, very unexpectedly and without asking if I wanted to see, she turned the monitor to me and showed me my baby. This was upsetting because I had not yet seen my sonograms. She finished the exam and removed the wand leaving it sitting on the table bloody....tasteless, insensitive, and tactless for an experienced OB/GYN. I would advise STRONGLY that you stay far away from Dr. Smith in this situation.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I've been seen by Dr. Smith for 12 years. The last three years I've had to wait 30+ minutes beyond my appt time to be seen and she only spends a couple minutes with me. I added new information to my medical history the past two years (one which includes thyroid issues...a topic of conversation for an OB) but she never even asks about it. I told her I stopped birth control. She didn't skip a beat, pretty much ignored the comment, and didn't ask if I was trying to conceive (you would think a doctor prescribing bc pills for 12 years would ask about that). But the most concerning for me is that thoroughness of the breast and pelvic exam has dramatically declined. I had those exams done by my PCP last year and the thoroughness of my PCP exam was so much better. This year I thought: what if the PAP wasn't adequate? Once a patient starts to question the quality of health care it is time to find a new doctor. The clinic has gotten to the point where the doctors can't take time with their patients. I agree with the other reviews that she always seemed rushed. I will be finding new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Her bedside manor is horrible. She's always in a hurry.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Excellent and caring physician. She takes the time to address each concern that you have. I have been with her for the past 6 years. Anytime I call and feel that I need to be seen, she gets me in the same day. I had a hard time getting pregnant. Thanks to Dr. Smith I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I LOVE Dr.Smith! She is very patient, knowlegable, understandable, and makes you feel comfortable. She delivered my son and did not rush my deliver, she letg my body do what it needed to do and delivered my son with no problems.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Was discouraged from coming in when I reported heavy bleeding and pain mid-cylce. Insisted, and at 2nd apt. found uterine fibroids. I was advised a week later by phone by the nurse that I could wait and see or have a hysterectomy... did I want to schedule that now? No offer of consult, and no exact diagnosis. As an alternative she offered a rx and told me I could look it up online if I needed more info about it, but she would be happy to leave samples at the desk. When I found another doc I was told (rudely) that it would be 2 weeks before records could be sent. Whole process will be a month + and symptoms are ongoing!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr, Smith seemed in a big hurry and never addressed the discharge from my breast, nor did she seem knowledgeable about the pelvic pain I experienced. I felt rushed and left not knowing what to do about my conditions.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

Dr. Britte D. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)