Ratings for Dr. Susan Columbus

Very surprised to see a couple of very negative reviews. Have always found Dr. Columbus to be nothing but pleasant and knowledgeable. She's a lovely person and in my opinion, a great dentist.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
Thank you so much! We always value our patients and try to treat them like family!

Submitted July 7, 2017

She is a rip off artist asked for a tooth to be pulled and she said no no it can be saved so after spending several hundred dollars the tooth fell out now it is going to cost me $1000 to have the problem fixed and a fake tooth put in. I would run from this dentist. My family is now extremly happy at our new dentist awesome place run from her she is all about the dollar not the patients period.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
I'm sorry that your experience wasn't to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss your concerns.

Submitted July 7, 2017

Excellent dentist. The review that referred to her as "rude" and "raising her voice" must have her confused with another dentist -- Dr Columbus is the most calm, cheery, kind, gentle and caring dentist around (have been going to her from the beginning of her practice) and I doubt she even raises her voice at her children, never mind patients. One person behind the desk (has been there for years) is truly scary, but the others are very nice. I just make a point of avoiding L. Prices are reasonable, she goes by the standards and there are way worse prices in Guelph, not to mention Toronto. I love Dr Columbus.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our core values at Hartsland Dental are family, integrity and respect. I'm happy that you are satisfied with your experience. You are right--I am physically unable to raise my voice at all.

Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Susan Columbus is a very kind caring person. She is one of the best Dentist that my husband and I have. She always takes the time to explain everything to you, as well always asking if you are okay. I would recommend her to anyone as she is very pesonal person and makes you feel so comfortable. As for the staff they are very pleasant and very helpful with any questions you may have. They have excellent customer service skills. Darrell & Janet Crawford

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Dr. Columbus is great with my kids & me! Her front office staff, however, need personality transplants. They are rude and need to realize that people do have a life outside of the dentist. If I call to reschedule an appointment I do not need to be scolded & "punished" by only being able to reschedule for a date so far in the future that I cannot help but think the receptionist is selecting this ridiculous date out of spite. Get over yourselves.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
I am sorry that your experience with our front desk staff wasn't to your satisfaction. We have made great efforts over the last year to improve our customer service. I hope that your current experiences are much more pleasant.

Submitted July 7, 2017

Specializes in standard dentistry and cleaning. Not a good choice for those with real problems or the elderly.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
I am sorry that your experience wasn't to your satisfaction. We always try our best to find the best solutions for each individual patient. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss any concerns that you may have.

Submitted July 7, 2017

The best, and that's all there is to say. Prices can be steep but she will accept a payment plan and it's worth it. Painless, professional, really kind and caring.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss any concerns that you may have with our fees.

Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Columbus is wonderful! After two dentists who never bothered to explain what was going on in my mouth it was just wonderful to come to Dr. Columbus' office and have her sit down and go over my oral hygiene program and the issues I was having and how we could fix them. They are very calm and friendly and my dental assistant let me squeeze her hand when I got the freezing needle. :) I couldn't ask for a better dentist. I've since moved away but I miss Dr. Columbus' care. She made me feel like she was genuinely interested in my health, not just another patient to rush in and out. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
Thank you so much for your kind words!! I truly care about each and every one of you and wish you only the best. You are welcome to return to our office anytime for a visit!

Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Columbus was rude, annoyed and curt. The staff were lovely and accommodating and even apologized for her twice, because she was so rude. Wanted me to have all kinds of things done that weren't needed. Left me waiting for 30 minutes and then stormed in demanding to know what I was waiting for (umm.. you?) and dismissed me like a servant. Overpriced, totally uncaring and rude, rude, rude. Actually raised her voice at one point when I dared ask a question about my own oral health. Have never been treated this way by a professional. Staff were clearly embarrassed by her. Wouldn't return, ever. Oh and lost my xrays, forgot about that one. Amazing.

Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
I'm sorry that your experience in our office was not to your satisfaction. I'm not entirely certain that you have the right office in mind. I am physically unable to raise my voice due to a medical condition. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss any concerns that you may have.

Submitted July 7, 2017

This doctor charges an arm and a leg for her services and those of her staff. They are very expensive! They are also very pushy about getting frequent appointments and getting work done that you did not want to have done. They keep pushing regardless of your wishes and it's quite annoying. There are better dentists and staff around that don't push for unnecessary work and costly return appointments.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Dr. Susan Columbus's response
I am sorry that your experience in our office wasn't to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss any concerns that you may have.

Dr. Susan Columbus's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1995)
  • Queen's University (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Guelph, ON