Ratings for Dr. Daniel I. Shapiro

I had a bilateral Mastopexy, a breast augmentation, liposuction of abdomen, flanks, back, and fat transfer to buttocks, fat transfer to nasal labia folds all on October 28. Things were starting to droop. Dr. Shapiro also performed my tummy tuck in 2006. You can't go to anybody else because he is fabulous. He treats you like you're the only patient he has. He's just fabulous. I am happy with my results and my husband is ecstatic. Dr. Shapiro exudes confidence and just very optimistic. He's just a lovely person to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I chose to have a facelift, blepharoplasty, and fat transfer with Dr. Shapiro in August. I did not like the wrinkles that were forming and my lower neck was hanging. I just wanted to look younger. I did a little research online and in the Phoenix 10 Best magazine, saw some of Dr. Shapiro’s reviews. He had five starts. I really couldn't do anything better than that. He is very professional. I liked the fact that when I came into his office he really looked at my face, got up close and personal. He was the only doctor that asked for a picture of me from about 15 years ago. I felt very comfortable in that Dr. Shapiro was looking after what I was going to look like at the end. I am extremely happy with my results.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

On October 5th, Dr. Shapiro performed several procedures. I had a facelift, an endoscopic brow lift, a lower blepharoplasty with canthopexy, and a buccal fat pad removal. I also had a fat transfer to the periorbital, jawline, lip, and chin with full-face erbium laser. Dr. Shapiro had come highly recommended by a friend. So far, I am thrilled with my results. The whole process was excellent, from the beginning until now. Boy, they've held my hand all the way. The office and Dr. Shapiro have been very supportive. I will be giving Dr. Shapiro my full recommendation.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr. Shapiro is my surgeon, performing my rhinoplasty in April. I had always wanted a nose job. My results are pretty much exactly what I have wanted. It’s great that most people don’t even notice I had surgery.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had a tummy tuck on May 1st with Dr. Shapiro. He had operated on two of my friends and my sister, previously. Dr. Shapiro is a perfectionist. He is also really patient and personable. I had three kids, with severe diastasis and skin stretching; so that is what inspired me to come into the office. So far, I am happy with my results. My abs have been repaired; they're so tight and they look so good. He removed the loose skin, my belly button looks awesome. The scar is great. The first week I was pretty uncomfortable, but after that, things got better quickly. I would recommend Dr. Shapiro to others.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I had a facelift with upper eye skin removal and a bilateral jawline fat transfer. My procedures were performed by Dr. Shapiro on April 3th. Since I work in sales and marketing, out in front of people, I decided to have the work done. Basically, I found Dr. Shapiro’s office by asking around with friends and online. I heard that he was really the best. I found Dr. Shapiro to be compassionate and easy to talk to. I’m very happy with my results so far. My recovery process was easy. I will recommend Dr. Shapiro to other people. This was just an incredible experience. Dr. Shapiro’s whole team was just really wonderful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Shapiro for a facelift, quad-blepharoplasty with canthopexy, fat injections, periorbital, jaw line, lips, Buccal fat pad removal. These were all done on January 19th. I’m eight weeks after my date and I’m looking terrific. I’m thrilled with Dr. Shapiro. He gave me a terrific look. There was extensive work done on my jaw line. I had the beginning of jowls, and I had the fat under my neck, so he told me that he was going to work extra hard on that area. I just love the way there’s so much fullness in my cheeks and eyes. I don’t have that hollow look underneath my eyes. And then, he did my eyes, of course, and it was a redo of my eyes. I had my eyes done like 15 years ago, but it needed to be redone. I’m happy with it right now and, yes, I’m still swollen. I mean, imagine when it’s not swollen. It’s only swollen a little bit, you know. I’m thrilled to death with my results. I’d do it again. I will send everybody to see him.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I won't go back! Most of the staff were snippy and robotic. Dr. Shapiro was 20 minutes late. He's plopped down on the sofa next to me like an old friend. This seemed a little unprofessional but whatever. He began explaining the facelift procedure. During his rote presentation I asked if laser skin resurfacing coud be done during this procedure. He sat there and just stared at me. Finally in a condescending tone he asked me why I would ask that particular question at that particular time. It was so uncomfortable and he seemed very rattled and upset. I told him that he seemed very annoyed and he said "Yes, I am!" "I don't think that you're ready for this. Do some more homework." He got up and left the room, brushed past me, and didn't even say goodbye. I stood there alone in shock. One of the staff came in and walked me down the hall into a little room. Unbelievably, she began to quote his prices until she glanced up and saw that I was sitting there with tears streaming down my cheeks. I told her how rudely I had been treated and that I would not be back. I told her I thought Dr. Shapiro had some serious "issues." I got the feeling that she spends a lot of time apologizing for his bizarre behavior.

Submitted July 10, 2015

Submitted June 30, 2015

I was really looking forward to my breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Shapiro. First off, when I showed up the front desk said they didn't have record of my appointment, despite calling me the day before to confirm. There was one lady who was super nice and helpful, and really the rest of them made me kinda feel like I was just an inconvenience. Anyway no big deal. Dr Shapiro is half an hour late for my consult. Again, no big deal. He did some measurements, seemed to have a great attitude, he was complimentary and said we had a lot of good stuff to work with and that I've got a great body for the procedure. Yay great. He picked out some spacers, and I tried them on....I hated how they looked. I get that they're just spacers and they're over your boob and they are for size purposes - but I'm self conscious about my breasts being a little droopy and spacers made them look like they added more volume at the bottom, and I couldn't really get past that. I was really just looking for some reassurance of how they would be placed and what the result would be. Well, as soon as I mentioned the positioning, Dr. Shapiro pretty much right and there said "Listen, I'm not the guy for you". I was really taken aback. He didn't seem to like that I was asking these questions, he said theres such a thing as too much research (which is maybe possible) and that I just need to trust him and that I'm not ready to do this. He also said that it is easier for him if I had brought in a picture of somebody from Victoria's secret rather than an image that I had taken from his own website of some work he had done (which I thought was strange). I was obviously upset, and he said he was being as compassionate as he could be, and basically left the room. Didn't look at me as I walked by him as I left. The nurse sat with me for a while after my 10 minute consultation, and tried to console me. Basically just saying that he's an expert (I totally believe he is) and that you really just need to trust him. I'm certain that his work is superb -thats why I went there. But I felt like he didn't really listen to me, he didn't care what I thought, he wanted me to just lie back and let him do his job. Which is totally fine, maybe, for some people. But not me. I was surprised and upset. I will be going back to Robert Cohen, where he spent lots of time with me showing me a what kind of result I would get by doing x, y or z options. I have now built trust with him and am looking forward to a procedure.

Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Daniel I. Shapiro's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1984)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a bilateral Mastopexy, a breast augmentation, liposuction of abdomen, flanks, back, and fat transfer to buttocks, fat transfer to nasal labia folds all on..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose to have a facelift, blepharoplasty, and fat transfer with Dr. Shapiro in August. I did not like the wrinkles that were forming and my lower neck was ha..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On October 5th, Dr. Shapiro performed several procedures. I had a facelift, an endoscopic brow lift, a lower blepharoplasty with canthopexy, and a buccal fat p..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shapiro is my surgeon, performing my rhinoplasty in April. I had always wanted a nose job. My results are pretty much exactly what I have wanted. It’s gr..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a tummy tuck on May 1st with Dr. Shapiro. He had operated on two of my friends and my sister, previously. Dr. Shapiro is a perfectionist. He is also ..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a facelift with upper eye skin removal and a bilateral jawline fat transfer. My procedures were performed by Dr. Shapiro on April 3th. Since I work in s..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Shapiro for a facelift, quad-blepharoplasty with canthopexy, fat injections, periorbital, jaw line, lips, Buccal fat pad removal. These were all done..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I won't go back! Most of the staff were snippy and robotic. Dr. Shapiro was 20 minutes late. He's plopped down on the sofa next to me like an old friend. Th..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Staff if very knowledgable, friendly and helpful, unless you question them. Then their attitude quickly changes to curt, bordering on rude. "

June 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I also had a terriable experince with my tummy tuck consultation a few months back . Office women were whispering and seemed stuck up, my husband was even like..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I was really looking forward to my breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Shapiro. First off, when I showed up the front desk said they didn't have record o..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been contemplating writing this review for a while. But after much consideration I want to share my experience with Dr. Shapiro and his office staff. Fi..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough good things about Dr Shapiro and his staff!!! He was extremely thorough and took his time to answer all my questions and concerns!!! He gave..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went with Dr. Shapiro after checking out his website. I liked the before and after photos, and he had a ton of positive reviews on many different sites. He’s ..."

September 17, 2014
  • City changed from "Tucson" to "Paradise Valley"

June 1, 2012
  • First Name changed from "Daniel E." to "Daniel I."

June 1, 2012
  • First Name changed from "Daniel" to "Daniel E."

April 8, 2012